Arnold Collums Sr.
HOULKA – Arnold Gene Collums Sr., 78, died Saturday, Sept. 28, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He was born Oct. 3, 1934, in Calhoun County. He was a member of Shiloh Baptist Church, a veteran and a self employeed logger.
Services will be 2 p.m. Monday, Sept. 30, at Thorn Church of God with Bro. Arnold Amason officiating. Burial will be at Rose Hill Cemetery in Houlka. Memorial Funeral Home of Houston is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include his wife, Mavis Marie Barnette Collums of Houlka; two daughters, Vicky Holder (Doug) of Vardaman and Betty Jean Shields of Houlka; one son, Arnold Gene Collums Jr. of Houlka; 10 grandchildren, James Glenn Tharp Jr., John Roy Tharp, Brittney Rena Tharp, Amy Collums, Wendy Shields, Crystal Shields, Jessy Ann Collums, Josey Marie Collums, Brandy Holder and Brittany Austin; 12 great-grandchildren; one sister, Sue Clark of Potts Camp; and one brother, Jimmy Collums of Houlka.
He was preceded in death by his parents, John Henry Collums and Eula Mae Prewitt Collums; one great-grandchild, Nathen Tharp; and three brothers, Billy Joel Collums, Winston Collums and Laverne Collums.
Pallbearers will be John Roy Tharp, Nick Ruth, Jack Hurst, Mike Collums, James Tharp Jr. and Arnold Gene Collums Jr.
Honorary pallbearers will be Ron Nolan and Elvis Langford.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday at the church.
For online condolences visit www.memorialfuneralhomehouston.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Houston FFA earns One Star Chapter award November 27, 2016
- Christmas parades are next week December 2, 2016
- Students chosen for Who’s Who at ICC December 2, 2016
- Dr. Willis named AAN Fellow December 2, 2016
- Hunter orange strictly enforced December 2, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Are schools worth fighting for? December 4, 2016
- Locals named ICC Foundation scholars December 4, 2016
- DAVID HORN: We the people have voted for change December 4, 2016
- REV. DARRICK WHITFIELD: How to be wise December 4, 2016
- Turman, Archer inducted to Phi Kappa Phi December 3, 2016
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago