Mrs. Martha Clarke, 95, died Friday September 27, 2013, at Dugan Memorial Home in West Point. She was born June 4, 1918, in Cairo, Miss. to Thomas and Estelle Gordon Davis.
She was a member of the Union Presbyterian Church and the DAR. Martha loved caring for all kinds of animals; it didn’t matter what kind of animal needed loving, Memaw gave it to them, cats, dogs even birds. Martha is also known for making seven shirts for President Ronald Reagan and numerous wedding dresses, prom dresses, cheerleading uniforms, bedspreads, drapes, rugs and covering couches and chairs. She is also known for fixing roofs, broken water pipes and changing oil in the car.
Funeral services will be Sunday, September 29, 2013, at 2 p.m. at Robinson Chapel with the Rev. Doran Henry officiating. Burial will be in Cairo Presbyterian Cemetery.
Serving as pallbearers will be Andy Davis, Larry Davis, Terry Chrismond, Kenny Clarke, Marion Davis Edwards, Cameron Clark, and Teddy Davis.
Honorary pallbearers are Staff at Dugan Nursing Home, Roger Davis, Lance Watson, Marvin Turnipseed, Gailon Young and Ben Thomas Edwards.
She is survived by a grandson Allan Clarke (Tiffany); great-grandson, Cameron Clark; and great-granddaughter, Cambry Clarke, all of Bruce; daughter-in-law, Edie Clarke Todd (Bubba) of West Point; and a sister, Elizabeth Davis Edwards of West Point.
She was preceeded in death by a son ,Allan Cameron Clarke Jr.; and four brothers, Thomas Davis, Gordan Davis, Thad Davis and Clayton Davis.
Memorials may be made to Cairo Presbyterian Cemetery Fund, c/o Judy Chrismond 3836 Highway 50 West, West Point, Ms. 39773.
Friends may leave condolences online at robinsonfh.net.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Okolona battles but nipped by Wolverines October 19, 2016
- BIRTH: Kinsely Brooke Dodd October 23, 2016
- NANCY LOOME: Lawmakers “examine” MAEP funding October 23, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: The killing of public education October 23, 2016
- Find a lump? Find out what it is! October 24, 2016
- Lady Toppers close successful season October 26, 2016
- Toppers ready for Noxubee October 25, 2016
- AP POLL: Mississippi High School Football Rankings, Oct. 25 October 25, 2016
- Collision kills two near Vardaman October 25, 2016
- MSU names Summer 2016 graduates October 25, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago