Corrie Evelyn Barnes
SHANNON – Corrie Evelyn Barnes, 63, died Wednesday, Sept. 25, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born Dec. 9, 1949, to William Howard Young and Mary Francis Young in Egypt, Miss.
She was a member of St. Paul United Methodist Church in Tupelo under the leadership of Pastor McKinney. Early in life she was a nurse assistant and she loved to care for her patients. She loved her family very much, especially her grandchildren.
Services will be 2 p.m. Saturday at Dominion and Power Ministries in Tupelo with Pastor Cartesia D. Jones officiating. Burial will be in the Verona Cemetery. Agnew & Sons Funeral Home of Verona is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include her husband, Leslie E. Jackson of Shannon; two daughters, Sarah (Marvett) Terry and Corrie Hawkins, both of Shannon; one son, Darrell Robinson Barnes of Shannon; three sisters, Elaine Moore, Mary (Alvin) Harper and Gloria Young, all of St. Louis; one brother, William Melvin Young of St. Louis; 12 grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; and two God sisters, Yvonne (Thomas) Hooper and Della W. Hooper.
Visitation will be from 1 until 4 Friday, with family hour from 5 until 6 p.m.
Family and friends may sign the guest registry at www.agnewandsons.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Houlka reviews preliminary test scores October 21, 2016
- MSU names Summer 2016 graduates October 25, 2016
- Collision kills two near Vardaman October 25, 2016
- AP POLL: Mississippi High School Football Rankings, Oct. 25 October 25, 2016
- Toppers ready for Noxubee October 25, 2016
- Houlka aldermen hold budget hearing October 27, 2016
- County formally amends 2016 budget October 27, 2016
- Louisville edges Toppers October 27, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Red Ribbon Week October 26, 2016
- Art in the Park is Thursday October 26, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago