Lions roar over Rams
The Vardaman Rams took a tough loss at home to the Biggersville Lions Oct. 4 with the tide turning the wrong way from the outset.
On the first play of the game, a Biggersville defender stripped the ball and returned it for a touchdown.
“He took it to the house and that kind of set the tone,” said coach Larry Gann.
The Rams battled back in the first half scoring, but falling short on the conversion run.
“That would have tied it 8-8,” Gann said. “Then we came back and cut it to 12-22 and missed another conversion there.”
Gann said once the Rams got down, “it was just one thing after another.”
Biggersville picked off a pass and returned it for a touchdown and went on to a 50-12 win.
Gann was not pleased with the effort on the field.
“I think we kind of went backwards as far as effort goes,” Gann said. “I was disappointed in that.”
The Rams will travel to Coldwater Friday and their schedule will not get any easier as the season rolls on.
“It really picks up starting this week,” Gann said. “We get the top four in our division the next four weeks. I’m looking for four quarters of effort and focus.”
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Okolona battles but nipped by Wolverines October 19, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: The killing of public education October 23, 2016
- Find a lump? Find out what it is! October 24, 2016
- BREAST CANCER: Know your foe October 24, 2016
- Houston seeks to improve attendance October 24, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Red Ribbon Week October 26, 2016
- Art in the Park is Thursday October 26, 2016
- Red Ribbon Week October 26, 2016
- Houlka fights to end against Biggersville October 26, 2016
- Lady Toppers close successful season October 26, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago