OKOLONA – Elsie Marie Parish, 70, died Thursday, Oct. 10, 2013, at her residence. Born Dec. 3, 1942, in Hamilton, she was a daughter of Carl and Mary Pennington Crump. She married Wayne Parish in 1972.
A graduate of Hamilton High School, she honorably served her country in the U.S. Army, receiving a degree as a registered nurse. After serving in the Army, she worked in numerous hospitals for nearly 20 years. Her love for her husband and family was only surpassed by her love for the Lord. She was a member of Carnation Baptist Church. She enjoyed gospel singings and being with family and friends.
A celebration of life service will be held 2 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 15, at Carnation Baptist Church with Bro. Truman Carter officiating. Burial will follow in Coontail Cemetery. E.E. Pickle Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
She is survived by her husband of 42 years, Wayne Parish; sons, Cecil Smith, Steven Trest (Michelle)of Pontotoc, Rickey Trest (Lillie) of San Antonio, Texas, Donnie Parish (Julie) of Montana and Daniel Parish (Elizabeth) of Quincy; sister, Sandra Poole of Hamilton; brother, Wayne Crump (Brenda) of Lackey; 13 grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren.
She is preceded in death by her parents.
Pallbearers will be Guy Autry, Randy Parker, Jimmy Bailey, Mike Dela Rosa, Robert Cullpepper and Carl Wayne Smith.
Honorary pallbearers will be the Ladies Sunday School Class and WMU of Carnation Baptist Church.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Monday at the church and will continue until service time Tuesday.
Memories and condolences may be shared with the family at eepicklefuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Coaching the game he loves March 19, 2017
- Two arrested, charged in Clay County murders March 22, 2017
- NMMC offers weight loss for state employees March 22, 2017
- EDITORIAL Severe Weather Awareness Week March 23, 2017
- Chandler to head industrial development March 23, 2017
- GWENDOLYN PEARSON: Tourism tax and internet service March 26, 2017
- CARA CHISOLM: Get involved in your Library March 26, 2017
- DAR honors two with history awards March 26, 2017
- Ribbon Cutting; Ava Michaels Boutique March 25, 2017
- Medical care answers for America March 25, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...