FOOTBALL: High School Roundup Friday, Oct. 11, 2113
Oxford, the Daily Journal’s No. 1-ranked 5A/6A team, scored 37 first-half points on its way to a convincing 40-9 home victory against Lewisburg in Division 1-5A play.
The Chargers (7-0, 3-0) took a 16-0 first-quarter lead on the first of Kenzie Phillips’ two TD runs, a 21-yarder. Jack Abraham had a 2-yard TD pass to Kyree White to go with a safety.
Abraham, who threw 3 TD passes, hit Conrey Meagher for 29 yards and K.T. McCollin for 38 yards for second-quarter scores.
Phillips scored on a 10-yard run for his second TD to give the Chargers a 37-0 halftime lead. Connell Yoste kicked a 29-yard field goal for Oxford.
BALDWYN 58, HATLEY 7: Bearcats QB Corbin Scott completed 10 of 13 for 140 yards and 4 TD to lead the Journal’s No. 2-ranked 1A/2A team.
Scott connected with Tylan Shinault for 17 yards, Clayton Gray for 6 and 62 yards, and Devonta Gates for 3 yards.
Also for Baldwyn (5-3, 2-0) Shinault also had a 34-yard TD run and Gates had a 41-yard rushing TD.
CLARKSDALE 36, SALTILLO 29: Diamante Pounds scored on runs of 7 and 54 yards while Malik Randolph caught a 66-yard TD pass and A.J. Rye had a 53-yard scoring catch in a 1-5A loss.
BRUCE 25, EUPORA 20: Eupora (5-1, 0-1) fell from the unbeatens with its 4-2A loss to the Trojans (5-2, 1-1). Jay Johnson scored on an 90-yard kickoff return and caught a 15-yard TD pass from Donta Armstrong for Bruce.
BYHALIA 14, NEW ALBANY 12: Curtis Aikens caught a 15-yard TD pass in the fourth quarter to lift Byhalia to 2-4A win. New Albany (4-4, 1-1) scored on a 31-yard pass to Tyrone Vance from Bryce Collins.
Eathen Rainey kicked field goals of 34 and 41 yards.
COFFEEVILLE 34, SMITHVILLE 22: Drew Lann rushed for 1 TD and hooked up with Neil Knight for a 17-yard score in Smithville’s 1-1A loss to Coffeeville.
ROSA FORT 26, LAFAYETTE 20: Running back D.K, Buford scored on runs of 2 and 25 yards, but it wasn’t enough for the Commodores (3-5, 0-2) in their 2-4A loss.
KOSSUTH 16, BELMONT 13: Jacob Meeks kicked a 42-yard field goal and Weston Bobo scored 2 TD to lead the Aggies to a 1-3A win.
MOOREVILLE 36, ALCORN CENTRAL 0: The Troopers (3-4, 1-1) scored 29 points in the first half.
John Peugh passed 15 yards to Robert Patton and 45 yards to Xavier Jackson for Mooreville TDs. Peugh also scored on a 2-yard run.
Peyton Boren added a 20-yard fumble recovery for a TD and Chris Rucker had a 54-yard TD run for Mooreville.
FALKNER 59, BIGGERSVILLE 32: Running back Jeramie Lawrence scored 4 TD on runs of 9, 11, 15 and 16 yards to lead the Eagles (5-2, 3-0) to a Division 1-1A victory. Jase Stroupe threw for two TDs and added a 17-yard scoring run for Falkner.
MANTACHIE 51, NEW SITE 30: Dustin Carrell threw 3 TD passes, kicked a 23-yard field goal and rushed for another score in the Mustangs’ 1-2A win. Clay Johnson caught two TD passes of 20 and 28 yards for Manatchie (5-3, 1-1).
STARKVILLE 39, WESTON 6: The Yellow Jackets (5-2, 3-0) scored 29 points in the first half of a 2-6A win.
QB Princeton Jones scored on a 1-yard run and threw a 40-yard TD to LaBorrious Pittman for Starkville, which hosts Madison Central next week.
MARSHALL ACADEMY 49, BENTON COUNTY 16: QB Dakota Dailey accounted for 4 TDs to lead Patriots (7-1).
SOUTH PANOLA 49, HERNANDO 0: The Tigers host Tupelo next week in Division 1-6A play. The Golden Wave last beat South Panola in 2001.
PETAL 20, BRANDON 13: The Panthers, ranked No. 5 statewide, defeated the state’s top-ranked Bulldogs.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Houston FFA earns One Star Chapter award November 27, 2016
- Okolona airport lands grant December 1, 2016
- Okolona shines at Lighthouse Classic December 1, 2016
- Christmas parades are next week December 2, 2016
- Students chosen for Who’s Who at ICC December 2, 2016
- Turman, Archer inducted to Phi Kappa Phi December 3, 2016
- Una Thanksgiving December 3, 2016
- Houlka Thanksgiving December 3, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Religion, politics and my wife’s birthday December 3, 2016
- Hunter orange strictly enforced December 2, 2016
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago