Walter Morris Allen
HOUSTON – Walter Morris “W. M.” Allen Jr., 87, died Sunday, Oct. 13, 2013, at his home in Houston. He was born Sept. 30, 1926, in Chickasaw County to Walter Morris Allen Sr. and Alma Lee Cox Allen. He was a retired farmer, a welder for B&W in West Point, a WWII Army veteran, and a member of Enon Primitive Baptist Church.
Services are 2 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 15, at Fellowship Baptist Church with Bro. Bobby Brock officiating. Burial will follow at Enon Cemetery in Houston. Houston Funeral Home of Houston is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include his wife, Hortense Nichols Allen of Houston; his daughters, Ester and Colvin Mann of Terry and Judy Harrison of Houston; his sons, Ricky and Carol Allen of Houston and Keith and Rhonda Allen of Pontotoc; his grandchildren, Merritt Mann, Christi and Barry Kelly, Brian and Audrey Harrison, Tiffany Harrison, Cody Allen, Rob and Adria Allen, Christy and Ken Blakeney, Chasity and Jamey Halfacre and Dustin Griggs; his great-grandchildren, Koty Davis, Hannah, Noah, Jacob and Gabriel Mann, Alyssa, Shane and Cade Kelly, Jacob, Joel and Kaiya Harrison, Ethan and Layla Griggs, Hunter and Conner Griggs, Ken and Harley Blakeney, and Madison, Brayden and Tanner Allen; his niece, Patty Bowers; and his special caregivers, Jamisha Walker, Wanda Story and Heidi Cummins.
He was preceded in death by his parents; a son, Walter Nichols Allen; and his grandson, Jack Douglas Mann.
Pallbearers are Brian Harrison, Cody Allen, Rob Allen, Merritt Mann, Barry Kelly, Shane Kelly, Dustin Griggs and Jacob Harrison.
Visitation will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Monday at the funeral home.
Memorials may be made to Enon Cemetery Fund, c/o Leon Hollingsworth, 104 N. Huddleston St., Houston, MS 38851.
Friends and family may sign and leave a message on the register book at houstonfuneralhomems.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Signs are illegal in rights-of-way April 17, 2017
- FLOYD INGRAM: Three big days in Spring April 20, 2017
- Three busted for possession of meth April 20, 2017
- Ag Safety Day April 21, 2017
- Man convicted in Okolona shooting April 21, 2017
- Dollar General Ribbon Cutting April 23, 2017
- Certified Nurse Assistance Class seeks applicants April 23, 2017
- WEDDING: Stone/Fisackerly April 23, 2017
- TEACHER OF THE WEEK! April 22, 2017
- GLENN MOLETTE: America and shooting back April 22, 2017
- Winford White: I totally disagree with your schools consolidation...
- Winford White: That is good News for Okolona. Or shall we say, it...
- Winford White: I strongly agree! if someone can afford to pay a T...
- Winford White: Keep up the good works Chickasaw County because th...
- Winford White: Winford White, CPC - Winford's Consulting : It is...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago