Bonds set for Shannon armed robbery suspects
SHANNON – Bond was set at $250,000 each for four suspects arraigned Tuesday in connection with the armed robbery of the Dollar General in Shannon last week.
Bobby Sanders Jr., 18, of Shannon, and Rakeem Q. Bogan, 18, of Okolona, were each charged with armed robbery in the Thursday night incident. Two juveniles, Chavis Dilworth, 17, of Shannon, and Jarquaveues Smith, 17, of Shannon, were charged with armed robbery as adults.
Bonds were set in Lee County Justice Court on Tuesday morning.
Tupelo police investigators would not say if the Shannon suspects were suspected in a similar Dollar General robbery in Tupelo on Sunday.
Shannon Police Chief Desiree Kirshner said three of the suspects were identified on the Dollar General surveillance video when she said they entered the store earlier in the day Thursday to look around.
“We recognized one of them and went to question him,” she said. “We could match up the others because they didn’t change shoes and a few other clothing items.”
The Dollar General clerk told police approximately $600 was taken from the register, and most of it was recovered. A Tupelo Police K9 found some of the money next to a mask Thursday night near the greenhouses across the street from the Dollar General store.
Kirshner alleged two of the suspects entered the store wearing ski masks shortly before 10 p.m., one with a gun, and got money while the other two were waiting in a vehicle near the greenhouses.
Tupelo police still are searching for two suspects in the Sunday armed robbery in Tupelo. Police said they entered the store on McCullough Boulevard on Saturday around 10 p.m. and fled with an undetermined amount of money.
Anyone with information can call Tupelo Police at (662) 841-6491 or Crime Stoppers of Northeast Mississippi at (800) 773-8477.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About JB Clark
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Solar Team trekking north in Solar Challenge 2016 July 21, 2016
- Authorities seek suspects in two shootings July 25, 2016
- Shearer-Richardson announces expansion July 25, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- ICC valedictorian, salutatorian scholars named. July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Solar racers make us Houston proud July 27, 2016
- Dr. Darrick Whitfield: Don’t be a slacker! July 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago