Cystic fibrosis fundraiser is Saturday
TUPELO – Great strides have been made in trying to find a cure for cystic fibrosis, but the there is still no cure for a disease that affects over 30,000 Americans and several families across Northeast Mississippi.
The CF Foundation will host “Great Strides Tupelo: A Walk to Cure Cystic Fibrosis” at 9 a.m. Saturday Oct. 19 at Ballard Park in Tupelo.
Cystic fibrosis causes difficulties primarily in the lungs and digestive systems of its patients and can lead to life-threatening infections and the disability of organs.
Area residents are invited to attend the 5K and are reminded you don’t have to complete the race to show your support to find a cure for cystic fibrosis. There is no minimum contribution, but those raising more than $100 will get a “Great Strides” T-shirt.
Refreshments will be available for all.
There will also be a silent auction.
Great Strides is the national project for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. All funds raised will support research for a cure and foundation accredited care centers.
For more information please call the CF Foundation Mississippi Chapter at 601-981-3100.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Dendy’s named Man, Woman of the Year July 17, 2016
- Nabors named top home improvement store in state July 18, 2016
- ICC offers manufacturing program July 20, 2016
- Solar Team trekking north in Solar Challenge 2016 July 21, 2016
- Houston’s Kinard honored by PTK July 21, 2016
- Homegrown and Houston proud July 23, 2016
- ICC registration underway July 22, 2016
- Hebron honors hoop champions July 22, 2016
- Houston, Houlka, Okolona districts get “C” July 22, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Support for Solar Car July 22, 2016
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- LindaWando390: Valuable article , Speaking of which , if one has ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago