CALHOUN CITY – Johnnie Bervis Sutton Patterson, 87, died Wednesday, Oct. 16, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born Aug. 13, 1926, in Webster County to Willie Ray Sutton and Winnie Ann Hardin Sutton.
She was a homemaker and a member of Calhoun City First Baptist Church, Gideons International Auxiliary Ladies Club and the WMU of Bethany Baptist Church and Calhoun City First Baptist Church.
Survivors include her husband of 68 years, Winford Patterson of Calhoun City; two daughters, Linda Kay Johnson of Counce, Tenn., and Teresa Lynn (Charles) Johnson of West Point; two sons, James Irby (Catherine) Patterson of Calhoun City and Boyd Wayne Patterson of Counce, Tenn.; one sister, Connie Sutton Vaughn of Starkville; eight grandchildren; and 10 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, Willie Ray Sutton and Winnie Ann Hardin Sutton; great-granddaughter, Hope Dowdle; son-in-law, Paul Johnson; and sister, Clara Bell Roy.
Services will be at 3 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 19, at Bethany Baptist Church in Slate Springs. The Rev. Jimmy Vance will officiate. Burial was in Bethany Cemetery in Slate Springs. Pryor Funeral Home of Calhoun City is in charge of arrangements.
Pallbearers are Sidney Langston, Willie Joe West, Kevin Johnson, Jonathan Johnson, Chris Patterson, Ben Patterson and Stanley Criss.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Gideons.
Visitation will be from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturday at Bethany Baptist Church in Slate Springs.
Online condolences can be left at Pryorfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- EDITORIAL: Poor graduation rates August 18, 2016
- Houlka aldermen briefed on annexation August 22, 2016
- West Nile case reported in Chickasaw County August 22, 2016
- Houlka offers dual credit with ICC August 23, 2016
- Sheriff seeks info in cemetery vandalism August 23, 2016
- County fire ratings drop August 25, 2016
- Okolona offense tramples Nettleton August 25, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Calling for help August 25, 2016
- Man arrested on drug charges August 24, 2016
- Associate Degrees awarded at ICC for Spring 2016 August 24, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago