ABERDEEN – William Louis Brand, 76, died Monday, Oct. 21, 2013, at Pioneer Community Hospital in Aberdeen. He was born in Montpelier, April 23, 1937, to parents, William Howard Brand and Lovie Dell Morgan Brand.
After training and certifications, he began a career in the meat cutting industry as a Butcher. The career lasted 32 years at Aberdeen Big Star where he ended as Store Manager.
He married Ruby Sims of Indianola in 1959. They started out for a short time living in West Point, then became lifelong residents of Aberdeen. They had been together 54 years. Celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary back in May of 2009.
The lifetime dream and goal of the two spent their retirement years purchasing a farm, building a home and raising cattle. Even after his stroke he managed to find a way to operate his tractor and bush hog.
Services will be at 1 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 24, 2013, in the Tisdale-Lann Memorial Chapel in Aberdeen with Bro. John Allen Parker officiating. Burial will be in Memorial Gardens in West Point.
Survivors include his wife, Ruby Sims Brand of Aberdeen; four sons, Bill Brand and wife, Sandra, of Wren, Allen Brand and wife, Joyce, of Aberdeen, Kevin Brand and wife, Lillie, of Aberdeen, and Roger Brand and wife, Dianna, of New Bern, N.C.; seven grandchildren, two great-grandchildren; two brothers, five sisters.
Preceded in death by his parents, one sister, one grandchild and one great-grandchild.
Pallbearers will be Robert Gilreath, Randy Mills, Robert Merritt, Archie Baker, Wayne Sconyers and Bobby Gunter.
Visitation will be from 4 until 7 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 23, 2013, at Tisdale-Lann Memorial Funeral Home in Aberdeen.
You can sign the register and send condolences online at www.tisdalelannmemorial.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- GWENDOLYN PEARSON: Tourism tax and internet service March 26, 2017
- EDITORIAL Severe Weather Awareness Week March 23, 2017
- Old Waverly to host Women’s Amateur March 28, 2017
- Okolona excluded from Chickasaw, Houston merger March 28, 2017
- Orientation leaders named March 28, 2017
- Supervisors pay to fix Okolona elevator March 30, 2017
- County eyes CCRCF numbers March 30, 2017
- EDITORIAL: Getting ready March 29, 2017
- Houston, Okolona host banquets March 29, 2017
- Rally! Rally! Rally! March 29, 2017
- Patricia Burgess Cossey: This is to address the Tourism Tax. I recently hea...
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago