THAXTON – Sharon Jenkins Reynolds, 55, died Tuesday, Oct. 22, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo.
She was a loved wife and mama and “the greatest Nana in the world.” She was known to family and friends as the most beautiful, sharing and unselfish person one could meet, always putting everyone else’s needs before her own. She had a passion for baking, becoming known to everyone as “the cake lady.” She attended Carey Springs Baptist Church.
Services will be at 11 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 24, at Carey Springs Baptist Church at Randolph. Bro. Junior Ritchie will officiate. Burial will be in the church cemetery. Tutor Memorial Funeral Home of Pontotoc is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include her husband, Jimmy Reynolds; her children, Mark Walker (Chasity), Sherry Walker, John Walker, Sarah Reynolds (Jimmy) and Elisabeth Honeycutt (Seth), all of Pontotoc; stepson, Craig Reynolds (Rose) of Pontotoc; grandchildren, Dallas Graham, Lethan, Leyton and Lexie Walker, and Isaac Reynolds; stepgrandchildren, Olivia, Kailin and Rosalynn Reynolds; brothers, Ronnie Jenkins (Lynn), Gary Jenkins (Patricia), Jimmy Jenkins (Mitzi); sisters, Janice Angle (Gary) and Denise Boyd; two great-grandchildren, Calvin and Arianna Williams, all of Pontotoc; her mother-in-law, Dorothy Reynolds; and many great-nieces and great-nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents, Haskell and Delores Jenkins; uncle, Jimmy Ward; and grandparents.
Pallbearers will be Steven Mask, Shane Jenkins, Brady Jenkins, Brandon Jenkins, Dillon Angle and Austin Bray. Neal Bray is an honorary pallbearer.
Visitation will be from 5 to 9 p.m. Wednesday and from 9 to 11 a.m. Thursday.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Holiday crisis, again? November 26, 2016
- Community gives thanks December 1, 2016
- HUES names Students of the Week December 1, 2016
- Okolona airport lands grant December 1, 2016
- Okolona shines at Lighthouse Classic December 1, 2016
- Turman, Archer inducted to Phi Kappa Phi December 3, 2016
- Una Thanksgiving December 3, 2016
- Houlka Thanksgiving December 3, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Religion, politics and my wife’s birthday December 3, 2016
- Hunter orange strictly enforced December 2, 2016
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago