Lady Wolverines ready for South State
The East Webster Wolverines and Lady Wolverines athletic teams have reputations for success and the ladies are working to add one more notch to the school’s belt in slow-pitch softball.
The Lady Wolverines have racked up four State Championships in fast-pitch in the last seven years and the slow-pitch title is the one that remains elusive.
But they’re working toward it.
“We haven’t ever made it to State in slow,” said Autumn Frost. “We are all so ready for Tuesday.”
The Lady Wolverines entered the South State game Tuesday going against Enterprise with a win putting them at Freedom Ridge Park in Ridgeland Oct. 26.
“It feels so great to be so much closer to our goal as a team,” said Mamie Hollenhead. “We are just going to go out and play like we do any other game. I think I speak for everyone on the team by saying that we want to be back at State more than anything. We want to be the first team to win a slow-pitch State Championship at East Webster and I believe that if we stay mentally tough and focused on what we are capable and who we are playing for, nothing can stop us. Win or lose Tuesday, we will give all of the glory to God.”
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Culinary arts teacher opens up new world for students July 24, 2016
- Walker takes second at Pros of Tomorrow July 24, 2016
- Scott, Hardin honored by ICC July 24, 2016
- Fire burns Thorn home Sunday July 25, 2016
- Eaton Automotive finishes season July 26, 2016
- Weston Reed Foundation to offer free physicals July 26, 2016
- ETHAN TURNER: A note to the fans July 26, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- Shearer-Richardson announces expansion July 25, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago