PONTOTOC – Floyd Kenneth Helms, 79, passed away Thursday, Oct. 24, 2013, at Rosewood Assisted Living in Tupelo. He was a member of West Heights Baptist Church and Gideons International, and a past member of the Pontotoc Electric Power Association Board and the Pontotoc School Board. He was an avid hunter. He loved his Lord and his church as well as his family and many friends.
Services will be at 3 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 26, at Tutor Memorial Funeral Home in Pontotoc. Dr. David Hamilton will officiate. Burial will be in West Heights Baptist Church Cemetery. Tutor Memorial Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include three daughters, Brenda Sappington, Linda Steele and Sandra Porter (George); grandchildren, Melissa Wise, Megan Coker, Justin McKinney and Maggie Porter; great-grandchildren, Madilyn Coker and Lucy Thacker; two sisters, Melba Williams (Francis) and Diane Bramlett (Steve); brother, David Helms (Betty); numerous nieces and nephews; and a brother-in-law, Byron Faulkner (Nellie).
He was preceded in death by his wife, Oleta Faulkner Helms; his parents, Floyd and Lizzie Helms; and a son-in-law, Chris Sappington.
Pallbearers will be Jackie Faulkner, Lynn Helms, Steve Bramlett, Jason Reid, Matt Collins and James Malone.
Visitation will be from noon to 3 p.m. Saturday.
Memorials may be made to the Gideons, West Heights Baptist Church or Sanctuary Hospice House.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Deputies tase suspect in shots fired call October 15, 2016
- Lady Toppers take first round October 19, 2016
- Few storms, small hail expected tonight and Thursday October 19, 2016
- Calhoun County man dies after Tuesday night shooting October 19, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Demanding excellence October 20, 2016
- Houlka hosts senior assembly October 22, 2016
- WEEK 10: High School Football Scores October 22, 2016
- What color is homelessness? October 22, 2016
- POLICE ROUNDUP: Charges upgraded following fatal accident October 21, 2016
- WEEK 10: High School Football Previews October 21, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago