Kicking it in Chickasaw
Soccer season is underway with local and area youth hitting the field every Tuesday and Thursday.
The Chickasaw Youth Soccer Association hosts games twice a week on the field at Houston Upper Elementary School with younger players starting at 6 p.m. Games with older youth follow, staggering from 6:30 p.m. to 6:45 p.m.
“We are having a blast, young and old,” said Carol Byrne.
Byrne has been involved with CYSA since it began and all four of her children have played the game.
This year, the league has received support from sponsors, Grocer’s Pride, No Way Jose, Byrne CPA, Trace Family Medical Clinic and J and H Printing, who are helping to defray costs and add to the program.
“With the sponsors, we were able to repair our old goals and replace nets,” Byrne said. “There are a lot of unexpected costs that we could provide with the help of our sponsors.”
The league is already making plans for next season to include a new 18U goal and a donation to the City of Houston for grass seed for a new field. Construction is already underway to create a multi-purpose field on Starkville Road to accomodate soccer and youth football.
The CYSA will hold tournaments the second week of Novemember to finish the season. Fans and guests are welcome to view games and are encouraged to bring lawn chairs and join the fun.
Editor’s note: More soccer team pictures will be printed as they are available.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- REV. DARRICK WHITFIELD: How to be wise December 4, 2016
- The men in charge December 7, 2016
- Fatal fire in Okolona December 7, 2016
- SPORTS ROUNDUP: Prescott earns NCAA honor December 7, 2016
- Chickasaw burn ban lifted December 8, 2016
- McDonald’s Playground December 10, 2016
- Margaret Hollingsworth recipes December 10, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: What color is homelessness? December 10, 2016
- HUES names Students of the Week December 9, 2016
- Area students graduate ICC December 9, 2016
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago