PONTOTOC – Linda A. Colon Foster, 52, died Monday, Oct. 28, 2013, at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo. She was born March 2, 1961, in Cleveland, Ohio, to Bartlo Garcia Colon and Martha Ann Griffin Colon. She was a member of Black Zion Pentecostal Church. She worked at Franklin Corporation in Houston.
Services will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 30, at First Pentecostal Church in Houston with the Rev. Charles Wright, the Rev. Randy Jurdon, the Rev. Greg Daniels and the Rev. Tony Baker officiating. Burial will be at Ellzey Cemetery in Vardaman. Memorial Funeral Home of Houston is in charge of the arrangements.
She is survived by her husband, Billy Foster of Pontotoc; one daughter, Candice Michelle Foster of Pontotoc; two sons, Timothy Foster (Ashley) of Nettleton and Jason Foster of Miami, Fla.; two grandchildren, Madalynn Minica of Nettleton and Rachel Brown of Hamilton; two sisters, Janice Bennett (Matt) of Pontotoc and Lisa Yeatman (Randall) of Woodland; one brother, William Colon of Woodland; and a host of nieces and nephews.
She is preceded in death by her daughter, Rita Foster; and her parents, Bartlo and Martha Colon.
Pallbearers will be Roy Foster Jr., Robbie Foster, Forrest Willis, Jeff Moore, Aundrey Berry, Rodney Clark and Gerald Hamblin. Honorary pallbearers will be all preachers, nieces and nephews.
Visitation will be from 5 to 9 p.m. today at First Pentecostal Church in Houston.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Sanctuary Hospice House, 5159 W. Main St., Tupelo, MS 38801.
For online condolences visit www.memorialfuneralhomehouston.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Houston FFA earns One Star Chapter award November 27, 2016
- Christmas parades are next week December 2, 2016
- Students chosen for Who’s Who at ICC December 2, 2016
- Dr. Willis named AAN Fellow December 2, 2016
- Hunter orange strictly enforced December 2, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Are schools worth fighting for? December 4, 2016
- Locals named ICC Foundation scholars December 4, 2016
- DAVID HORN: We the people have voted for change December 4, 2016
- REV. DARRICK WHITFIELD: How to be wise December 4, 2016
- Turman, Archer inducted to Phi Kappa Phi December 3, 2016
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago