CDF, merchants host Spooktacular Boo Bash
HOUSTON – Halloween in Houston will have a new activity for children, parents and the public in general.
Chickasaw Development Foundation is sponsoring a Spooktacular Boo Bash and partnering with local businesses and merchants to offer a family-friendly evening on the Courthouse Square.
The event begins at 6 p.m. with trick-or-treating around the square and 15 merchants will be handing out candy to children. First United Methodist Church will join the fun, bringing their trunk-or-treat event to the Square to add more opportunities to fill the candy bags.
A costume contest will be offered with three age divisions for children and gift certificates awarded to winning entries.
7 p.m. is movie time as “Hotel Transylvania” will be projected on an inflatable big screen. The PG-rated movie is free as is the costume contest. Jefferson and Washington Streets will be blocked off from 1st Franklin Financial to Pearson’s Drugstore for safety concerns and personnel will be on site to escort children across Jackson Street to visit businesses on the west side of the Square.
“It’s really going to be a positive thing,” said CDF Director Joyce East. “It’s something for the children on the Square.”
John Walden serves as Chairman of the Chickasaw Development Foundation and said the event was created to provide local children with a safe and fun event, while drawing attention to the businesses and merchants.
“One of the reasons we’re doing it is to bring the people to the merchants,” Walden said.
Businesses located off the Square are welcome to bring candy and join in the fun and any civic groups or churches who want to participate are welcome and may contact East at 456-2321 for more information.
On the candy trail
Businesses and groups participating in trick-or-treating on the Square include:
n 1st Franklin Financial
n Attorney Edward Lancaster
n Attorney Rex F. Sanderson
n Byrne CPA Firm
n Silly Whispers
n Hometown Health
n Pearson’s Drugstore
n Paisley Peacock
n Regions Bank
n Factory Connection
n Miss Judy’s Formal Wear
n Watkins, Ward and Stafford, CPA
n Houston Main Street Association
n Houston First United Methodist Church
n State Farm Insurance
n Roam Boutique
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Houston considers summer street projects January 13, 2017
- Houston truck driver killed in Jackson crash January 17, 2017
- Okolona man charged in Amory armed robbery January 17, 2017
- Houlka sweeps Rams to start division play January 18, 2017
- Chieftains roll Green Wave January 18, 2017
- ICC hosts Leadoff Banquet January 19, 2017
- Houlka mourns death of former mayor January 19, 2017
- Qualifying begins for city elections January 19, 2017
- Man jumps from Houston Airport tower January 19, 2017
- Body found in Chickasaw County January 19, 2017
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago