Hebron runs over Friendship
Hebron racked up the stats Friday night as they handed Friendship a 52-6 loss but coach David Foster said the newly formed team played all four quarters.
“They’re really young,” Foster said. “This is their first year, but they played the whole time. They never quit.”
The Eagles scoring spree began in the first with a 36-yard TD run by Justin Gordon and a repeat with a 40-yard TD. Collin Moore had a three-yard TD run and Brandon England snagged a pass from Channing Tapley to go 41-yards for a touchdown.
Friendship got on the board on a recovered fumble for a touchdown.
In the second quarter, Drew Myatt turned an interception into a 59-yard TD run and Taylor Simmons had a 58-yard rushing touchdown. Myatt added a 47-yard TD run in the third quarter to ice the game.
“We played a lot of younger guys, kind of rested some of the older kids,” Foster said.
They won’t rest long as the Eagles will face the Calhoun Academy Cougars Friday in division play.
“It’s a big game,” Foster said. “It’s for the division championship and to decide seeding. Calhoun has a good team and a lot of our kids know their kids so it’s always a good game. They’ll be ready to play and I think ours will be too. We’ll go out there and play the game and see what happens.”
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Nabors named top home improvement store in state July 18, 2016
- ICC registration underway July 22, 2016
- Homegrown and Houston proud July 23, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Real men rise above the status quo July 23, 2016
- Fire burns Thorn home Sunday July 25, 2016
- Scott, Hardin honored by ICC July 24, 2016
- Walker takes second at Pros of Tomorrow July 24, 2016
- Culinary arts teacher opens up new world for students July 24, 2016
- Getting a good start at school July 24, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago