BRUCE – Apostle Ishmel Campbell, 73, died Sunday, Oct. 27, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He retired from Weyerhauser as a line supervisor after 25 years.
He began pastoring in 1981 and in 1987 founded Church of God Our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ where he remained pastor until his death. He also was a member of the Dudley and Pearson Hunting Club. His entire life revolved around serving God, his family and his community.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 3, at Jackson Chapel M.B. Church in Bruce with the Rev. Darrick Campbell (Butch) officiating. Burial will be at Church of God Our Father Cemetery in Calhoun City. Belle Memorial Funeral Home of Bruce is in charge.
He is survived by his wife of 52 years, Georgia Campbell; five sons, Ishmel Earl Campbell of Calhoun City, Allen V. Campbell of Water Valley, Darrick Campbell (Butch) of Waldorf, Md., Paul Campbell of Calhoun City and Daniel Campbell of Bruce; five daughters, Angela Mhoon of Calhoun City, Melodia Davis of Ecru, Gloria Holland of Calhoun City, Sahara Campbell of Bruce and Ronise Campbell of Calhoun City; two brothers, Mitchell and O.V. Campbell of Bruce; and two sisters, Rachel Herrod of Water Valley and Ann Robinson of Grenada; 23 grandchildren; and three great grandchildren.
Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday at Church of God Our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ in Calhoun City. Visit online at www.bellememorialfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Culinary arts teacher opens up new world for students July 24, 2016
- Walker takes second at Pros of Tomorrow July 24, 2016
- Scott, Hardin honored by ICC July 24, 2016
- Fire burns Thorn home Sunday July 25, 2016
- Eaton Automotive finishes season July 26, 2016
- Weston Reed Foundation to offer free physicals July 26, 2016
- ETHAN TURNER: A note to the fans July 26, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- Shearer-Richardson announces expansion July 25, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago