HOULKA – Willie A. “Wood Rat” Pearson, 86, passed away Monday, Oct. 28, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. A native of Chickasaw County, he was the son of Andrew Lee Pearson and Minnie Rose Pearson.
He was a member of Macedonia M.B. Church in Houlka where he was a deacon, Sunday School superintendent and treasurer. He was a World War II Army veteran. He loved to hunt and fish.
A celebration of life service will be at 2:30 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 2, at Mays Chapel M.B. Church in Pittsboro. The Rev. Arthur Lee Pearson will officiate. Burial will be in Wesley Chapel Cemetery in Houston. Kenneth I. Roberson Funeral Home in Pontotoc is in charge of the arrangements.
He leaves four daughters, Mamie Atkinson, Mary Pearson, Flora Pearson and Janice Pearson, all of Houlka; six sons, Willie B. (Evelyn) Pearson of Pontotoc, L.T. Pearson of Indianapolis, Ind., Willie Bob (Reenovera) Pearson, Clinton (Linda) Pearson and Jessie Lee (Romona) Pearson, all of Houlka, and Andrew (Lela) Pearson of Grand Rapids, Mich.; one sister, Lorene Below of Pontotoc; one brother, Joe Lee (Vonda) Pearson Sr. of Little Rock, Ark.; one special great-grandson, Jayden Pearson of Houlka; 21 grandchildren; and 25 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his wife, Mamie Lee “Cat” Pearson, and three daughters, Estelle Vance, Minnie Pearson and Willie Rose Berry.
Visitation will be from 1 to 7 p.m. today with family present from 6 to 7 p.m. at the funeral home.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Houston FFA March 16, 2017
- Jobless rate up in January March 20, 2017
- Local artist on display at ICC March 20, 2017
- HHS Student of the Month March 20, 2017
- CATHY SPENCER: Teacher of the Week March 21, 2017
- Fishing forecast for area reservoirs looks good March 23, 2017
- Chandler to head industrial development March 23, 2017
- EDITORIAL Severe Weather Awareness Week March 23, 2017
- NMMC offers weight loss for state employees March 22, 2017
- Two arrested, charged in Clay County murders March 22, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago