CALHOUN CITY – Rufus Lewis Hardin, 86, died Friday, Nov. 1, 2013, at Calhoun Health Services Nursing Home in Calhoun City. He was born Feb. 27, 1927, in Slate Springs, the son of Rufus Hardin and Edna West Hardin.
He was a self-employed logger, a member of Bethany Baptist Church and the oldest deacon of Bethany Baptist Church. He served in the U.S. Army, and he was a member of American Legion.
Services will be 3 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 3, at Bethany Baptist Church in Slate Springs with the Rev. Kenneth Armstrong and the Rev. Anthony Stevens officiating. Burial will be in Bethany Cemetery in Slate Springs. Pryor Funeral Home of Calhoun City is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include one daughter, Terri (William) McDonald of Grenada; one son, Tony (Dorothy) Hardin of Calhoun City; one sister, Jewel Traywick of Coldwater; two grandchildren, Karma (Scott) Simmons and Julia (Mark) Turner; and two great-grandchildren, Reed Simmons and Cason Turner.
He was preceded in death by his wife, Jane Magness Hardin; parents; two brothers; and four sisters.
Pallbearers are Scott Simmons, Gregg McDonald, Mark Turner, Shelton William, David Macon and Richard Easley.
Visitation will be from 2 to 3 p.m. Sunday at the church.
Online condolences may be left at Pryorfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Okolona approves tutorial services, signs promissory note October 18, 2016
- POLICE ROUNDUP: Charges upgraded following fatal accident October 21, 2016
- What color is homelessness? October 22, 2016
- WEEK 10: High School Football Scores October 22, 2016
- Houlka hosts senior assembly October 22, 2016
- MSU names Summer 2016 graduates October 25, 2016
- Signs are illegal in rights-of-way October 25, 2016
- Houston seeks to improve attendance October 24, 2016
- BREAST CANCER: Know your foe October 24, 2016
- Find a lump? Find out what it is! October 24, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago