Running to state
The Houston High School cross country teams placed well at district competition Oct. 30 and several members will move to the next level.
The boys run a 5,000 meter or 3.1 mile race while the girls run 4,000 meters or 2.48 miles.
“The boy’s team came in third place at district with Daniel Casados coming in 11th and Manuel Verela coming in 13th,” said coach Tracy Sullivan. “The girl’s team came in fourth place in the district, with Paige Griffin coming in 15th.”
Casados recorded a time of 20:05, Varela a time of 20:15 and Griffin a time of 19:11.
“The next step is the State Meet in Clinton on Nov. 9,” Sullivan said.
The HHS cross country team consists of 39 runners, plus “two of the best managers around, Allyson Taylor and Brionna Gordillo,” said Sullivan.
Of the total members, 30 participated in the district meet and 14 will advance to the State Meet.
Moving on to State
n Daniel Casados
n Jasper Harmon
n Trey Griggs
n Manuel Casados
n Ezra Blissard
n Brandon Jones
n Tanner Smith
n Paige Griffin
n Sharisa Smith
n Liza Boyer
n Holly Powell
n Mary Kansas Sullivan
n Lindsey Robertson
n Jenna Claire Spratlin
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Doing the most for your dog February 12, 2017
- EDITORIAL: Crosswalks needed February 16, 2017
- McMullen signs with Blue Mountain February 16, 2017
- HHS and Community Choir to sing February 16, 2017
- City candidates face March 3 deadline February 17, 2017
- Turkey harvest reporting planned for spring February 18, 2017
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Americans need help fast February 18, 2017
- Deputies make several drug arrests February 18, 2017
- Semper Fidelis February 17, 2017
- Habitat now Fuller Center February 17, 2017
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago