BELMONT – Charles Edward Posey, 83, died Tuesday, Nov. 5, 2013, at Shearer Richardson Memorial Home in Okolona. He was born July 12, 1930, in Arkansas and was a factory worker for 20 years. He was a veteran of the U.S. Army, serving in the Korean War and receiving a Purple Heart. He was a lifetime member of the Disabled American Veterans.
Services will be at noon Saturday, Nov. 9, at Deaton Funeral Home in Belmont with Ron Deaton officiating. Burial will be in Lindsey Cemetery at Dennis. Deaton Funeral Home of Belmont will be in charge of arrangements.
Survivors are his wife of 56 years, Deck Posey of Belmont; two children, Cindy Carson (Martin) of Madison, Ala., and Tim Posey (Judy) of Okolona; five grandchildren, Charles Carson, Billy Carson, Jimmy Carson (Abby), Tom Jones (Stacy) and Elizabeth Posey; three great-grandchildren, Cade, Sara Grace and Milly Kate Jones; one sister, Mamie Dunham of Southaven; special nephew, Robert Edward Walden of Tishomingo; and a host of other nieces and nephews.
Pallbearers will be Steve Smith, Stan Malone, Robert Hester, Randy Johnson, Mike Haney, Mark Dunham, Jerry Roberson and David Dunham.
Visitation will be 11 a.m. to noon Saturday at Deaton Funeral Home in Belmont.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Wounded Warriors.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Culinary arts teacher opens up new world for students July 24, 2016
- Walker takes second at Pros of Tomorrow July 24, 2016
- Scott, Hardin honored by ICC July 24, 2016
- Fire burns Thorn home Sunday July 25, 2016
- Dr. Darrick Whitfield: Don’t be a slacker! July 27, 2016
- Eaton Automotive finishes season July 26, 2016
- Weston Reed Foundation to offer free physicals July 26, 2016
- ETHAN TURNER: A note to the fans July 26, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago