BELMONT – Charles Edward Posey, 83, died Tuesday, Nov. 5, 2013, at Shearer Richardson Memorial Home in Okolona. He was born July 12, 1930, in Arkansas and was a factory worker for 20 years. He was a veteran of the U.S. Army, serving in the Korean War and receiving a Purple Heart. He was a lifetime member of the Disabled American Veterans.
Services will be at noon Saturday, Nov. 9, at Deaton Funeral Home in Belmont with Ron Deaton officiating. Burial will be in Lindsey Cemetery at Dennis. Deaton Funeral Home of Belmont will be in charge of arrangements.
Survivors are his wife of 56 years, Deck Posey of Belmont; two children, Cindy Carson (Martin) of Madison, Ala., and Tim Posey (Judy) of Okolona; five grandchildren, Charles Carson, Billy Carson, Jimmy Carson (Abby), Tom Jones (Stacy) and Elizabeth Posey; three great-grandchildren, Cade, Sara Grace and Milly Kate Jones; one sister, Mamie Dunham of Southaven; special nephew, Robert Edward Walden of Tishomingo; and a host of other nieces and nephews.
Pallbearers will be Steve Smith, Stan Malone, Robert Hester, Randy Johnson, Mike Haney, Mark Dunham, Jerry Roberson and David Dunham.
Visitation will be 11 a.m. to noon Saturday at Deaton Funeral Home in Belmont.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Wounded Warriors.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- REV. DARRICK WHITFIELD: How to be wise December 4, 2016
- The men in charge December 7, 2016
- Fatal fire in Okolona December 7, 2016
- SPORTS ROUNDUP: Prescott earns NCAA honor December 7, 2016
- Chickasaw burn ban lifted December 8, 2016
- McDonald’s Playground December 10, 2016
- Margaret Hollingsworth recipes December 10, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: What color is homelessness? December 10, 2016
- HUES names Students of the Week December 9, 2016
- Area students graduate ICC December 9, 2016
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago