Renovations for Lake Monroe
Lake Monroe, located north of Aberdeen, will be getting a facelift.
Beginning in November, the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks (MDWFP) will begin the process of draining the lake in preparation for planned renovations.
Lake Monroe was built in 1954, making it one of the oldest State Lakes managed by MDWFP.
“Draining Lake Monroe will allow us to make needed repairs to the water level control structure, fishing piers, and the boat ramp,” said Larry Pugh, Fisheries Bureau Director. “After repairs are completed, we will restock the lake with bass, bream, crappie, and catfish.”
Fishing will be allowed while the lake is draining and all creel and length limits will be removed. Fishing licenses and lake permits will be required, but anglers may only fish with one rod and reel or pole. No other fishing gear is allowed. After Lake Monroe is drained, the facility will be closed to public use during the renovation and repair period.
For more information fishing in Mississippi, visit our website at www.mdwfp.com/fishing-boating or call 601-432-2212.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- MDOT moves forward with Hwy. 15 work August 21, 2016
- Okolona offense tramples Nettleton August 25, 2016
- County fire ratings drop August 25, 2016
- MBN makes drug arrest August 25, 2016
- Pontotoc rains on Houston August 25, 2016
- Cowboys’ veterans big fans of Prescott August 28, 2016
- Flywheel Festival seeks vendors August 28, 2016
- LOCAL GOVERNMENT MEETINGS August 27, 2016
- FOOTBALL SCORES: Week 2 August 27, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Migrants jump out of the melting pot August 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago