Chiefs end season in Rosedale
The Chieftains fell to West Bolivar, 6-13, Friday in the first round of playoffs, ending a season that some didn’t expect to happen.
“We started behind schedule,” said first-year Chieftain coach Jack Clark. “And with a new coach.”
The players didn’t seem to know they were behind as they put up a 3-2 record before entering division play and knocked off East Webster and Bruce to secure a playoff berth. Clark said their success this year makes him feel even more positive about next season.
“With another year in, we won’t have to spend so much time on terminology and learning to understand each other,” Clark said.
In the Chieftains five total losses on the season, they gave up 49 points, including a one-point division loss to Calhoun City.
“We did pretty well and we had a really tough schedule,” Clark said. “It was one point here and one touchdown there.”
The Chiefs faced a West Bolivar team that had only given up an average of eight points a game.
“They’re very good on defense,” Clark said. “As good a team as anybody in our division. The kids are disappointed but we just get back to work. We’ve got another dog fight on our schedule for 2014.”
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- MDOT moves forward with Hwy. 15 work August 21, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Calling for help August 25, 2016
- Okolona offense tramples Nettleton August 25, 2016
- County fire ratings drop August 25, 2016
- MBN makes drug arrest August 25, 2016
- LOCAL GOVERNMENT MEETINGS August 27, 2016
- FOOTBALL SCORES: Week 2 August 27, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Migrants jump out of the melting pot August 27, 2016
- Work set for Tanglefoot pathway August 26, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: A quick look around town August 25, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago