Girl’s night out!
OUSTON – It’s billed as “Girl’s Night Out,” but everyone is invited to the annual beauty review and music revue at Houston High School Nov. 16.
The annual pageant for grades six through 12 incorporates music and dance to keep the evening fast-paced and entertaining.
“There’s no down-time,” smiled Janet Coker who directs the pageant with the assistance of Carol Gibson who choreographs the dance numbers. “It’s not your typical beauty pageant.”
Girls will compete for a middle school and high school crown and dance numbers will be interspersed through the judging process.
“And there will be a special presentation from the guys,” Coker added, hinting that a visit from the Blues Brothers could be on tap.
The show begins at 7 p.m. and tickets are available for $6 from the Houston High School office or at the door.
The pageant and music revue helps fund the spring production of the Houston Community Theatre.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- SONNY SCOTT: Religion, politics and my wife’s birthday December 3, 2016
- ICC Band Chickasaw December 6, 2016
- Spencer named HHS Student of Month December 7, 2016
- Bulldogs make St. Petersburg Bowl December 7, 2016
- Houston falters against Cal. City December 7, 2016
- HUES names Students of the Week December 9, 2016
- Area students graduate ICC December 9, 2016
- Tis the season to recycle December 9, 2016
- Food For Families drop off is Friday December 8, 2016
- Chickasaw dodges storm December 8, 2016
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago