Raise your voice in praise
The year is flying by as they tend to do these days and Thanksgiving is nearly upon us.
That means it’s almost time to “gaggle up” our Community Choir and make a joyful noise at the Community Service Nov. 25.
The service is sponsored by the Greater Houston Ministerial Alliance and the Salvation Army and the offering that will be received is designated to assist those in our town who are having difficulty with utilities and other necessities throughout the coming year. Sharing is a wonderful way to give thanks for all the good things we’ve been blessed with!
It will be the High School Auditorium again, and we are, of course, hoping to fill the room to the rafters with friends and neighbors giving praise and thanksgiving.
I can’t think of a better way to do that than to blend our voices and sing together. If you’ve been a part of the Community Choir in the past, you know how thrilling it is to stand in that huge crowd with all those different voices and make a beautiful sound. If you haven’t done it yet, you owe it to yourself to jump in and join up. It’s inspiring, it’s reverential, it’s humbling – but mostly it’s fun.
We will be singing two specials and leading the congregation in three other hymns, so if you like to sing, you’re gonna love this. All the songs are familiar ones, all the arrangements are straightforward and easy and all the music is uplifting.
There will also be a Handbell Choir and young people will be singing as well so you can see there’s a place for anyone who wants to be a part of the service.
Please give this some thought and I think you’ll see what a great opportunity it is to do something special for your community.
Betty Brown is a resident of Houston and periodically submits a column of general interest for our readers. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- SONNY SCOTT: Religion, politics and my wife’s birthday December 3, 2016
- Bulldogs make St. Petersburg Bowl December 7, 2016
- Houston falters against Cal. City December 7, 2016
- The men in charge December 7, 2016
- Fatal fire in Okolona December 7, 2016
- McDonald’s Playground December 10, 2016
- Margaret Hollingsworth recipes December 10, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: What color is homelessness? December 10, 2016
- HUES names Students of the Week December 9, 2016
- Area students graduate ICC December 9, 2016
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago