WOODLAND — Earnest Ray Ward, 77, died Thursday, Nov. 14, 2013, at Trace Regional Hospital in Houston. He was born May 3, 1936, to Robert William Ward and Dora Dean Gaskin Ward.
He was a retired foreman for Gulf States Ceramic Tile and a member of Parkway Baptist Church. He loved to hunt, fish and was an avid Ole Miss fan.
Services are Saturday, Nov. 16, at 2 p.m, at Parkway Baptist Church in Houston, with Dr. Randy Rinehart officiating. Burial will follow at Pleasant Ridge Cemetery in Woodland. Houston Funeral Home of Houston is in charge of the arrangements.
Survivors include his wife, Faye Vance Ward of Woodland; his daughter, Tammy (Clark) Pennington of Brandon; his son, Terry (Judy) Ward of Woodland; his grandchildren, Lindsay Ward of Oxford, Landon and Chelesa Wilson of Brandon; his sisters, Minnie Chandler of Houston, Opal and Bobby Smith of Monte Vista, Margaret Cockell of Woodland, Stella and John Hollis of Columbus, Bobbie and Tommy Harris of Tupelo, Ruth and Jim Hugh Lancaster of Southaven; his brother, Gene (Betty) Ward of Hohenlinden.
He was preceded in death by his parents; his sisters, Louise Cohea and Ruby Easley; and his brother, James Ward.
Pallbearers are Jamie Ward, Jerry Chandler, James Howard Easley, Jimmy Smith, Wayne Cohea, Melvin Ward and John Paul Cockell.
Visitation is Friday, Nov. 15, from 5 to 7 p.m. at Parkway Baptist Church.
Memorials may be made to Diabetes Foundation of Mississippi
An Honorarium and Memorial Gifts Fund has been set up at 800 Avery Boulevard, Suite 100, Ridgeland, MS 39157-5225 or American Heart Association, P.O. Box 16808, Jackson, MS 39236.
Friends and family may sign and leave a message on our register book at houstonfuneralhomems.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Solar Team trekking north in Solar Challenge 2016 July 21, 2016
- Authorities seek suspects in two shootings July 25, 2016
- Shearer-Richardson announces expansion July 25, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- ICC valedictorian, salutatorian scholars named. July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Solar racers make us Houston proud July 27, 2016
- Dr. Darrick Whitfield: Don’t be a slacker! July 27, 2016
- Sundancer finishes first, again July 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago