FUNKY FINDS: Cuckoo for clocks
By Keeley Hardin
Since this is my first column I want to begin by introducing myself.
My name is Keeley Corbett Hardin, born and raised in Tupelo. I met the love of my life, Ty Hardin, in Starkville where we both attended Mississippi State University. We married in March of this year which brought me here Houston.
Ruthie, my mother-in-law, introduced me to “junking” a few years ago and I’ve been addicted to it every since. For those of you who aren’t familiar with junking, it’s not junk at all. Stopping in antique and salvage stores and finding treasures along the way has become a hobby of mine. Because of my love for junking and knowing there are many more of you out there, we have decided to start a column here at the Chickasaw Journal.
Funky Finds will be a column I will share with you some of my finds as well as sharing the finds of other in our community. This week I wanted to share with you my love for clocks.
At some point during moving in and fixing up our home I went crazy for clocks. I got obsessed with them and started collecting them along my frequent stops junking. The more and more I started collecting clocks I decided I would put twist on the cross wall and have a clock wall. So along a wall in my living room and the bookcases on this wall I have clocks everywhere. Some I painted and others I left exactly how I found them.
Ty has picked on me asking how many I have and shakes his head when I bring a new one home. As I continue to collect clocks, they have spread from the wall throughout my living room and onto the mantel. I will never know what sparked my love for clocks, but if you have something that you enjoy collecting pick out a wall in your home and express yourself!
If you have a fun project you would like to share please contact me at the Chickasaw Journal 456-3771.
Keeley Hardin is Advertising Accounts Representative for the Chickasaw Journal. She can be reached at 456-3771 or via email to email@example.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Houlka reviews preliminary test scores October 21, 2016
- MSU names Summer 2016 graduates October 25, 2016
- Collision kills two near Vardaman October 25, 2016
- AP POLL: Mississippi High School Football Rankings, Oct. 25 October 25, 2016
- Toppers ready for Noxubee October 25, 2016
- Houlka aldermen hold budget hearing October 27, 2016
- County formally amends 2016 budget October 27, 2016
- Louisville edges Toppers October 27, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Red Ribbon Week October 26, 2016
- Art in the Park is Thursday October 26, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago