Here comes the parade!
n The Town of Woodland will light up the season with the annual Christmas lights throughout the village depicting holiday scenes. Driving and walking tours begin Thanksgiving night and are at no charge.
n The Okolona Christmas parade is set for Dec. 2 at 7 p.m. and is sponsored by the Okolona Area Chamber of Commerce and City of Okolona. The theme is “I’ll Be Home For Christmas.” For information, call 447-5913 or 447-3811.
n The Houston Christmas parade will be held Dec. 3 at 6:30 p.m. sponsored by the Houston PLUS Civitan Club. The theme this year is “Hometown Heroes” with emphasis on emergency personnel.
Applications are available at Houston City Hall and are due back by Nov. 29.
n The Town of New Houlka will host their Christmas parade Dec. 7 at 5 p.m. with the theme, “A Patriotic Christmas.” Please call City Hall at 568-2745 to be added to the list. Applications are not required.
n The Mantee Christmas parade will be held Dec. 7 at 5 p.m. with line-up at 4:30 p.m. There is no entry fee and a general Christmas theme will be the rule of thumb. The annual chili supper at the Volunteer Fire Department will cap the evening. For information, call 263-75936 or 263-7338.
n Vardaman’s Christmas parade will be held Dec. 10 at 7 p.m. with line-up at 6:30 p.m. behind the Methodist Church and applications will be available at City Hall. For information, call Cathy Dauzat at 414-0602. Grand Marshall will be Robert Earl McGregor.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Okolona approves tutorial services, signs promissory note October 18, 2016
- WEEK 10: High School Football Previews October 21, 2016
- POLICE ROUNDUP: Charges upgraded following fatal accident October 21, 2016
- What color is homelessness? October 22, 2016
- WEEK 10: High School Football Scores October 22, 2016
- Signs are illegal in rights-of-way October 25, 2016
- Houston seeks to improve attendance October 24, 2016
- BREAST CANCER: Know your foe October 24, 2016
- Find a lump? Find out what it is! October 24, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: The killing of public education October 23, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago