HOUSTON – Edna Earl Watkins, 84, died Friday, Nov. 22 in Houston.
She was born July 28, 1929, to Jackson Murphy “Bud” and Hattie Mae Sanders, in Madden in Leake County.
She worked at Gulf States Ceramic Tile in Houston. She attended the Word of Life Church in Tupelo.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 24 at Thorn Church of God with Bro. Tommy Galloway and Bro Arnold Amason officiating. Interment will follow in Memorial Garden Cemetery in Chickasaw County. Southern Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
She is survived by her children, Carol Burgess (Leon) of Houston, Billy Watkins (Judy) of Houston, Robert Watkins of Tupelo and Brenda Brassfield (Jamie) of Houston; her sister Natha Lee “Dunk” Wooldridge (Buck) of Belden; her brother J.T. Gill (Eunice) of Pontotoc; 15 grandchildren; 31 great-grandchildren; and three great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, a sister Mable Gilmer and a brother W. E. “Ebb” Sanders.
Visitation is from 5 to 8 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home; she will lay in repose at the church from 1 p.m. until the service Sunday.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Solar Team trekking north in Solar Challenge 2016 July 21, 2016
- Authorities seek suspects in two shootings July 25, 2016
- Shearer-Richardson announces expansion July 25, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- ICC valedictorian, salutatorian scholars named. July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Solar racers make us Houston proud July 27, 2016
- Dr. Darrick Whitfield: Don’t be a slacker! July 27, 2016
- Sundancer finishes first, again July 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago