Toppers running for success
Fourteen members of the Houston cross-country team made the trip to Clinton for State meet Nov. 9, with Paige Griffin and Trey Griggs recording the best times for the team in the girl’s and boy’s divisions.
Griffin finished the girl’s 4K in 19:23 while Griggs completed the boy’s 5K in 19:55.
Houston’s girls placed 14th as a team and the boys came in 12th overall.
Coach Tracy Sullivan expressed her pride in the team and their accomplishments this season.
“They’ve all worked hard preparing for this,” Sullivan said. “Most of them bettered their times from meet to meet and the State meet times were better than their first meet of the year in Pontotoc.”
With the fall 2013 season behind them, she already has her sights set on 2014.
“I look forward to next year’s cross country team because we have learned a lot and will apply that to our training,” Sullivan said. “I will miss my seniors, Paige Griffin, Lindsey Robertson, Demarcas Echoles, Brandon Jones and Javonta McIntosh. They were all leaders and great encouragers for the younger runners.”
While in the off season, Sullivan continues to cheer on her team.
“Keep running, team,” Sullivan said. “Keep running
Toppers at State meet
Paige Griffin, 19:23
Liza Boyer, 19:26
Sharisa Smith, 19:27
Mary Kansas Sullivan, 21:14
Holly Powell, 22:34
Lindsey Robertson, 22:58
Jenna Claire Spratlin, 23:24
Trey Griggs, 19:55
Daniel Casados, 20:03
Brandon Jones, 20:13
Jasper Harmon, 20:15
Manuel Varela, 21:07
Tanner Smith, 21:18
Ezra Blissard, 24:08
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Solar Team trekking north in Solar Challenge 2016 July 21, 2016
- Authorities seek suspects in two shootings July 25, 2016
- Shearer-Richardson announces expansion July 25, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- ICC valedictorian, salutatorian scholars named. July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Solar racers make us Houston proud July 27, 2016
- Dr. Darrick Whitfield: Don’t be a slacker! July 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago