BRUCE – David Gwyn Potts, 75, died Sunday, Nov. 24, 2013, at his home. He was born Aug. 28, 1938, in Water Valley. He served in the U.S. Marines Corp. He was retired from the Memphis Police Dept. He was a member of American Legion and V.F.W., and Turkey Creek Baptist Church.
He was preceded in death by his parents, Andrew Potts and Ineze Coleman Potts; a brother, Gerald D. Baker.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Friday, Nov. 29, at Turkey Creek Baptist Church. Bro. Charles Fitts will officiate. Burial will be in Turkey Creek Cemetery at Water Valley. Parker Memorial Funeral Home of Bruce is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include his wife, Carol Hagen Potts of Bruce; one son, Berry Potts of Forth Worth, Texas; two daughters, Cindy Bustamante of Princeton, Texas, and Michelle Gwyn Woodruff of Memphis; two sisters, Caro Daves of Olive Branch and Sharon Howard of Covington, Tenn.; 10 grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
Visitation will be from noon to service time Friday at the church.
For online condolences, visit www.parkermemorialfuneralhomes.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Learning to smile forever July 19, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Real men rise above the status quo July 23, 2016
- Please clean up the Carnegie Library July 23, 2016
- Getting a good start at school July 24, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- Shearer-Richardson announces expansion July 25, 2016
- Authorities seek suspects in two shootings July 25, 2016
- Fire burns Thorn home Sunday July 25, 2016
- Scott, Hardin honored by ICC July 24, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago