BRUCE – David Gwyn Potts, 75, died Sunday, Nov. 24, 2013, at his home. He was born Aug. 28, 1938, in Water Valley. He served in the U.S. Marines Corp. He was retired from the Memphis Police Dept. He was a member of American Legion and V.F.W., and Turkey Creek Baptist Church.
He was preceded in death by his parents, Andrew Potts and Ineze Coleman Potts; a brother, Gerald D. Baker.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Friday, Nov. 29, at Turkey Creek Baptist Church. Bro. Charles Fitts will officiate. Burial will be in Turkey Creek Cemetery at Water Valley. Parker Memorial Funeral Home of Bruce is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include his wife, Carol Hagen Potts of Bruce; one son, Berry Potts of Forth Worth, Texas; two daughters, Cindy Bustamante of Princeton, Texas, and Michelle Gwyn Woodruff of Memphis; two sisters, Caro Daves of Olive Branch and Sharon Howard of Covington, Tenn.; 10 grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
Visitation will be from noon to service time Friday at the church.
For online condolences, visit www.parkermemorialfuneralhomes.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Deputies make several drug arrests February 18, 2017
- Chieftains claim District February 22, 2017
- “Dream Big” February 22, 2017
- EDITORIAL: Tidy up the Trail February 22, 2017
- Correctional Facility revenue reviewed February 23, 2017
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Hard work, right living equals singing, dancing February 25, 2017
- A Day Without Immigrants felt in Vardaman February 25, 2017
- Hilltoppers are ready to roll February 24, 2017
- Teacher Academy February 24, 2017
- Gann named NFHS State Coach of Year February 24, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago