COLUMBUS – James Clyde “”Jamie”” Sullivan, 31, passed away Tuesday, Nov. 26, 2013, at his residence. He was born Dec. 17, 1981, in Amory to Jerry Clyde and Anita Summerford Sullivan.
He had lived in the Columbus area since October 1997, moving from Okolona. He was a member of Mt. Zion Baptist Church in Columbus, North Mississippi Daily Journal Golf Association, Pine Grove Hunting Club, high school MHSAA and the 2000 Golf State Champion Team. He was an Eagle Scout, chairman of Ducks Unlimited for Lowndes County, Class of 2000 New Hope Golf State Medalist and an avid golfer, fisherman and hunter. He lettered in baseball, football and golf and earned a lifesaving award in scouting.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 30, at Mt. Zion Baptist Church in Columbus. Bro. Ralph Windle will officiate, and Bro. Steve Lammons and Bro. Malcolm Tidwell will assist. Interment will be in Mt. Zion Cemetery. Lowndes Funeral Home of Columbus is in charge of arrangements.
He is survived by his wife, Audrey Sullivan; daughters, Hannah Claire and Jenna Beth Sullivan; brother, Jeffery (Jennifer) Sullivan; nephew, Jackson Sullivan; niece, Ellie Anna Sullivan; and grandparents, Ottis (Louise) Summerford and Betty Sullivan.
He was preceded in death by his great-great-grandparents, William and Inez Ogg; great-grandmother, Netti Tarver; grandfather, Charles Sullivan; and mother-in-law, Donna Jo Henry.
Pallbearers will be Shawn Dean, Josh Westbrook, Randle Beatty, Devin Davis, Matt King, Nathan Martin, Derrick O’Bryant and Keith Tims.
Honorary pallbearers will be Morgan Stewart, Murray Henry, Chris Moore, Ken Mason, Joey McMullin, Keith Hancock, Hunter Prigden, Jeffrey Sullivan, Jackson Sullivan, Levi Mason, Buddy Henry, classmates of Okolona, classmates of New Hope, Daniel Bunch, Mike Bunch, Amory Golf Course, Okolona Country Club, Aberdeen Country Club, Carl Hogan Chevrolet, Premier Ford, TDK Logging, Riverside Trucking, Ducks Unlimited Lowndes County Chapter, Paul Brown, Billy Craig, CLRA, Pine Grove Hunting Club members, Melvin Murphy, Britt Richardson, Stephen Alderson, David Duet, Kirk Rushing, Adam Lollar, Mike Lollar, K&S Outdoors, and Hardy Hardin.
Memorials may be made to Mt. Zion Cemetery, 1791 Lake Lowndes Road, Columbus, MS 39702.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday at Lowndes Funeral Home.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Houston hammering out employee handbook August 22, 2016
- MBN makes drug arrest August 25, 2016
- Pontotoc rains on Houston August 25, 2016
- Lady Hilltoppers struggle at plate August 25, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: A quick look around town August 25, 2016
- Political Season August 29, 2016
- Cowboys’ veterans big fans of Prescott August 28, 2016
- Flywheel Festival seeks vendors August 28, 2016
- LOCAL GOVERNMENT MEETINGS August 27, 2016
- FOOTBALL SCORES: Week 2 August 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago