OAK HILL – William Christopher “”Chris”” Cantrell, 64, died Thursday, Nov. 28, 2013, at his residence in the Oak Hill community after a lengthy illness. A Tupelo native, he was born Sept. 1, 1949, to William Preston and Clara Nell Bishop Cantrell. Having a tremendous love for music, he owned Hi Ridge Recording Studio. A guitarist and song writer, his life practically revolved around music and his family. He was a member of Oak Hill United Methodist Church.
Services will be at 3:30 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 30, at The Jefferson Street Chapel of W.E. Pegues with Elder Marshall Boyd officiating. Burial will be in Oak Hill Cemetery.
Survivors include his wife of 14 years, Patricia Cantrell of the Oak Hill community; two sons, Brent and Jody Cantrell, both of Saltillo; two stepsons, Paul Shamburger of El Paso, Texas, and Mark Shamburger of Hattiesburg; his mother, Clara Cantrell of the Oak Hill community; three grandchildren, Samantha Cantrell of Oxford, and Rebecca and Nick Cantrell of Saltillo; two sisters-in-law, Ruby Willis of Mantachie and Judy Owens of Danville, Ill.; two aunts, Diane Crafton (Bud) of Saltillo and Peggy Walden (John) of Houston; and one uncle, Gerald Bishop (Faye) of Saltillo.
He was preceded in death by his father, Preston Cantrell, in 2000; and one stepson, Michael Shamburger, on Nov. 4, 2013.
Expressions of sympathy may be left at www.peguesfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Houlka reviews preliminary test scores October 21, 2016
- MSU names Summer 2016 graduates October 25, 2016
- Collision kills two near Vardaman October 25, 2016
- AP POLL: Mississippi High School Football Rankings, Oct. 25 October 25, 2016
- Toppers ready for Noxubee October 25, 2016
- Houlka aldermen hold budget hearing October 27, 2016
- County formally amends 2016 budget October 27, 2016
- Louisville edges Toppers October 27, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Red Ribbon Week October 26, 2016
- Art in the Park is Thursday October 26, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago