OAK HILL – William Christopher “”Chris”” Cantrell, 64, died Thursday, Nov. 28, 2013, at his residence in the Oak Hill community after a lengthy illness. A Tupelo native, he was born Sept. 1, 1949, to William Preston and Clara Nell Bishop Cantrell. Having a tremendous love for music, he owned Hi Ridge Recording Studio. A guitarist and song writer, his life practically revolved around music and his family. He was a member of Oak Hill United Methodist Church.
Services will be at 3:30 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 30, at The Jefferson Street Chapel of W.E. Pegues with Elder Marshall Boyd officiating. Burial will be in Oak Hill Cemetery.
Survivors include his wife of 14 years, Patricia Cantrell of the Oak Hill community; two sons, Brent and Jody Cantrell, both of Saltillo; two stepsons, Paul Shamburger of El Paso, Texas, and Mark Shamburger of Hattiesburg; his mother, Clara Cantrell of the Oak Hill community; three grandchildren, Samantha Cantrell of Oxford, and Rebecca and Nick Cantrell of Saltillo; two sisters-in-law, Ruby Willis of Mantachie and Judy Owens of Danville, Ill.; two aunts, Diane Crafton (Bud) of Saltillo and Peggy Walden (John) of Houston; and one uncle, Gerald Bishop (Faye) of Saltillo.
He was preceded in death by his father, Preston Cantrell, in 2000; and one stepson, Michael Shamburger, on Nov. 4, 2013.
Expressions of sympathy may be left at www.peguesfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Houston FFA March 16, 2017
- FLOYD INGRAM: Busy as a bee March 20, 2017
- Jobless rate up in January March 20, 2017
- Local artist on display at ICC March 20, 2017
- HHS Student of the Month March 20, 2017
- EDITORIAL Severe Weather Awareness Week March 23, 2017
- NMMC offers weight loss for state employees March 22, 2017
- Two arrested, charged in Clay County murders March 22, 2017
- McQuary throws in SEC tilt March 22, 2017
- Extra Innings! March 22, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago