Dozens of readers played the first annual Turkeyology game in the Chickasaw Journal and two winners were drawn from the winning entries to have a happy Thanksgiving. Dorothy Isbell of Okolona and Kay Davis of Houston won turkeys donated from Sav-A-Lot and Grocer’s Pride in Houston. Isbell is a former subscriber who purchased her paper from a newspaper box to enter the contest and Davis subscribes through her workplace. Isbell said her turkey will be on the table this Thanksgiving for the family meal. “We most all get together,” Isbell said of her family during the holidays. Davis may have a new member at her table as her co-worker, Jennifer Callahan, helped her complete the puzzle. “That’s what she said, I have to share,” laughed Davis.
Thanks to our sponsors for providing the popular puzzle to our readers.
n Memorial Funeral Home
n Watkins Ward and Stafford
n Griffin Motors
n Westmoreland Auto Supply
n Rutherforld Chiropratic
n Ware Milling
n Tabb Insurance
n Wallae Norman Insurance
n Elizabeth Fox Ausbern, Attorney
n Cole’s Texaco
n Northeast Mississippi LP Gas
n Silly Whispers
n Southern Funeral Chapel
n Paisley Peacock
n Madi Bell Farms
n Natchez Trace EPA
n Chickasaw Journal
n Sav-A-Lot Food Stores
n Grocer’s Pride Supermarket
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Houston Students Tour ICC March 20, 2017
- EDITORIAL Severe Weather Awareness Week March 23, 2017
- Chandler to head industrial development March 23, 2017
- Fishing forecast for area reservoirs looks good March 23, 2017
- Houlka names new principal March 24, 2017
- FLOYD INGRAM: All politics is local March 27, 2017
- GWENDOLYN PEARSON: Tourism tax and internet service March 26, 2017
- CARA CHISOLM: Get involved in your Library March 26, 2017
- DAR honors two with history awards March 26, 2017
- Ribbon Cutting; Ava Michaels Boutique March 25, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago