HOULKA –Onita S. Hancock, 84, died Saturday, Nov. 30, 2013, at her home in Houlka.
She was born March 15, 1929, to Edward Smith and Bertha Pettit Smith. She was a retired seamstress for the Indianapolis Glove Factory and for Meadow Sports Wear. She was a member of Houston Church of God.
Services are Tuesday, Dec. 3, at 10 a.m. at Houlka First Baptist Church in Houlka. Burial will follow at Rose Hill Cemetery in Houlka. Houston Funeral Home is in charge of the arrangements.
Survivors include her daughters, Barbara King of Houlka, Algia Smith of Pontotoc; her son, Tommy Hancock and fiancée, Jennifer Self of Belden; her sisters, Marie and Raymond Pettit of Houlka, Janie and Billy Harrison of Canton, GA, Bonnie Hogue of Houlka, Ann Criddle of Canton, GA; her brothers, William and Ann Smith of Houston, James and Patsy Smith of Big Creek; her granddaughter, Michelle and Scott Lilly of Pontotoc; her great grandchildren, Brook and Richie Lilly of Pontotoc.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Albert Hancock, her brother, Charles Smith and her parents.
Pallbearers are Al Chrestman, Richard Williams, Richard Chrestman, Roger Pettit, Brad Chrestman, Michael Johnson, and Shenan Staser.
Visitation is Monday, Dec. 2, from 5 until 8 p.m. at Houlka First Baptist Church in Houlka.
Friends and family may sign and leave a message at the online register book at houstonfuneralhomems.com .
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Culinary arts teacher opens up new world for students July 24, 2016
- Walker takes second at Pros of Tomorrow July 24, 2016
- Scott, Hardin honored by ICC July 24, 2016
- Fire burns Thorn home Sunday July 25, 2016
- Eaton Automotive finishes season July 26, 2016
- Weston Reed Foundation to offer free physicals July 26, 2016
- ETHAN TURNER: A note to the fans July 26, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- Shearer-Richardson announces expansion July 25, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago