OES students celebrate the season
OKOLONA – The three first grade classes from Okolona Elementary School held a Thanksgiving Feast Nov. 21 and, in the true spirit of the season, invited friends to join them.
First grade teachers, Mallory Ellis, Sonja Hobson and Michelle Priest, along with first grade students welcomed parents, school board members and principal, Lashanda Hoskins to the celebration.
The students eagerly presented the story of the First Thanksgiving with a skit and songs lead by Library teacher, Autumn Bankhead.
Parents, teachers and the staff of the OES cafeteria provided the delicious food. The menu consisted of turkey, dressing, cranberry sauce, corn, green beans and lots of desserts. Volunteer parents and assistant teacher, Sharon Lee, served the food to the hungry bunch.
First United Methodist Church of Okolona facilitated the meal by allowing the children and their guests to host their feast at the church.
“It was a wonderful day to be thankful,” Priest said.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Support for Solar Car July 22, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- ETHAN TURNER: A note to the fans July 26, 2016
- Weston Reed Foundation to offer free physicals July 26, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- ICC valedictorian, salutatorian scholars named. July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Solar racers make us Houston proud July 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago