Hardwood tourney Saturday
The Thanksgiving holiday is over and, for local basketball teams, it’s time to get back in action.
Okolona High School will host their annual Hardwood Tournament this Saturday featuring four local teams going head-to-head in competition.
The schedule kicks off at 3 p.m. with the Lady Chieftains hosting the Lady Bulldogs of Aberdeen.
The 4A Houston Hilltoppers will face the 3A Aberdeen Bullogs in the second game of the day. The Hilltoppers bring a 1-3 record, having recorded a win over Bruce and losses to South Pontotoc, Pontotoc and Houlka. The Bulldogs are bringing in a record of 2-2, with wins over Biggersville and Shannon and losses to Biggersville and West Point.
The nightcap game will be a fast-paced match with the hosting Chieftains and the Calhoun City Wildcats. The 2-1 Chiefs won over Amory and Nettleton and lost to Ripley while the Wildcats are showing a win over North Pontotoc and losses to Oxford and Coffeeville.
Admission is $5 at the door.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Solar Team trekking north in Solar Challenge 2016 July 21, 2016
- Authorities seek suspects in two shootings July 25, 2016
- Shearer-Richardson announces expansion July 25, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- ICC valedictorian, salutatorian scholars named. July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Solar racers make us Houston proud July 27, 2016
- Dr. Darrick Whitfield: Don’t be a slacker! July 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago