GORE SPRINGS – Hugh Anderson Hamilton, 69, died Tuesday, Dec. 3, 2013, at his home. He was born July 23, 1944, in Calhoun County to Hugh Gaston Hamilton and Ruby Hardin Hamilton. He was a retired insurance salesman and a member of New Providence Baptist Church.
Survivors include two sons, Paul Bryan Swanson (Vicki) Hamilton of Bruce and Brett Leigh (Dana) Hamilton of Bruce; seven sisters, Ruth Cole of Calhoun City, Carolyn Henson of Bartlett, Tenn., Jean (Joe) Sanderson of Columbia, Mo., Shelba (Tommy) Willis of Memphis, Gloria (Al) Gillis of Southaven, Gwen (Larry) Pace of Atlanta, Ga., and June (Grover) Edington of Vardaman; one brother, Billy Burt (Doris) Hamilton of Vardaman; five grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a son, Hugh Shune Hamilton; his parents; and a sister, Peggy Sue Parvin.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 5, at Pryor Funeral Home Chapel in Calhoun City. The Rev. Joe Sanderson will officiate. Burial will be in New Providence Cemetery in Calhoun City.
Pallbearers will be Ray Hamilton, Kenny Hamilton, Devin Blansett, Trent Hamilton and Phil Lucius. Honorary pallbearers will be Billy Wayne Skinner, Jerald Hamilton, James Ellis Jobe, Douglas Pitts, Speck Poynor and Mike Collins.
Visitation will be from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home.
Online Condolences can be left at Pryorfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Homegrown and Houston proud July 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Testing our schoolsEDITORIAL: Testing our schools July 27, 2016
- Sundancer finishes first, again July 27, 2016
- Dr. Darrick Whitfield: Don’t be a slacker! July 27, 2016
- Tending to business July 30, 2016
- Praying for peace and unity July 30, 2016
- Okolona trustees approve summer programs July 29, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago