WEST POINT – James Thomas Harrell, 22, passed away on Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2013, due to injuries suffered in an automobile accident. He was born Nov. 4, 1991. He was a 2010 graduate of West Point High School and attended Mississippi State University.
He was presently employed by Harrell General Contractors. He was an Eagle Scout who loved to be outside and enjoyed hiking and traveling.
Services will be held at 11 a.m. Monday, Dec. 9, at First United Methodist Church in West Point with the Rev. Jeff Shannon officiating. Visitation will be from 4:30 to 7 p.m. Sunday at First United Methodist Church in West Point. Robinson Funeral Home of West Point is in charge of arrangements.
He is survived by his parents, Robert Donald Harrell Jr. and Tonya Smith Harrell; brothers, Robert Donald Harrell III, William Prentiss Harrell and Samuel Jackson Harrell; sister, Ann Caroline Harrell; grandparents, Robert Donald Harrell Sr. and Caroline Bryan Harrell, William Thomas Smith and Shirley Waldrep Smith; uncles, William Shayne Smith, Stephen Corey Smith, Robert Turner Moorehead, Michael Ray Smith, William Clark Atkins, Marc Ricardo John Facella, James Bryan Harrell; aunts, Patti Smith, Kacey Garrick Smith, Catherine Harrell Morehead, Frances Livesay Smith, Beverly Harrell Luttrell, Caroline Harrell Atkins, Helen Harrell Facella, Laurann Garley Harrell; and 31 first cousins.
Pallbearers will be Jordan Armstrong, Clark Atkins, Ben Jameson, Marcus Livesay, Rob Mitchener, Will Mitchener, Will Shirley, Billy Smith and Stephen Wray. Honorary pallbearers are Daniel Elliot, Bryan Luttrell, William Luttrell, Cody Miller, Henry Morehead, Turner Morehead, Casey Reddoch, Ford Smith, Garrick Smith, Harrison Smith, Josh Smith, Zachary (Zac) Rodgers, Gustav Haglof and Brandon Ewings.
Memorials can be made to: First United Methodist Church, P.O. Box 293, West Point, MS 39773; or Boy Scouts of America, 420 31st Avenue North, Columbus, MS 39705.
Friends may leave condolences online at robinsonfh.net.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Museum hosting scavenger hunt February 13, 2017
- City candidates face March 3 deadline February 17, 2017
- Habitat now Fuller Center February 17, 2017
- Semper Fidelis February 17, 2017
- Deputies make several drug arrests February 18, 2017
- BIRTH: Swayze Jo Flora February 19, 2017
- BIRTH: Easton Rhett Dendy February 19, 2017
- WEDDING: Kelly/Moore February 19, 2017
- Turkey harvest reporting planned for spring February 18, 2017
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Americans need help fast February 18, 2017
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago