Debra Ann Thompson
OKOLONA – Debra Ann Thompson, 50, died Friday, Dec. 6, 2013, at River Region Hospital in Vicksburg. She was born on July 6, 1963, in Okolona.
She was a faithful and very active loving member of First United Methodist Church, former board member of the Chamber of Commerce, member of the American Paint Horse Association and the American Quarter Horse Association. She was a 1981 graduate of Okolona High School; she attended Itawamba Junior College where she played basketball and softball. She attended University of Southern Mississippi where she played softball, as well as many years of active intramural sports. She worked as a lineman for TVA, Ashley and People Lounger furniture manufacturing, and a self-employed FedEx owner. She loved God, family, friends, all animals and life. She was an avid horseman and ranch foreman, a very loving, giving person to all, a breast cancer volunteer mentor and support counselor for North Mississippi Medical Center.
A memorial celebration service will be 2 pm Sunday, Dec. 15, at First United Methodist Church in Okolona with the Rev. H.B. Miller officiating. She has donated her body to be studied by UMC to find a cure for cancer and will be cremated at a later date. Holland Funeral Directors Okolona Chapel is entrusted with the service.
She is preceded in death by her father, Samuel Jake Thompson; a nephew, Jacob Ryan Collins; and grandparents Sam and Hermie Watson Thompson, and Clark and Louise Bobo Carlisle.
Survivors include her mother, Mary Ann Thompson of Vicksburg; a sister, Donna Kay Cook (Paul); nieces and nephew Jessica Aaron Collins, Andrew Thomas Collins and Ali Grace Cook, of Vicksburg; step-niece, Michelle Cook Anderson (Sean) of Salem, Mo.; and step-nephews, Dustin Mitchell Cook (Hanna) of Fuquay Varina, N.C., and Casey Mitchell Cook (Adrienne) of Destin, Fla.
Pallbearers will be Dicky Wise, Jerry Hall, Spencer Carlisle, Steven Mask, Danny Mask, Ledrew Wise, Brian Wise and John David Carlisle. Honorary Pall bearer will be Buster Darnell.
Donations may be made in honor of Debra to Susan G. Komen for the Cure, Attn: Donor Services, PO Box 650309, Dallas, TX 75265-0309, telephone: 1.877.GO.KOMEN (1.877.465.6636), email:firstname.lastname@example.org or Okolona First United Methodist Church, 315 W Main Street, Okolona, MS 38860, (662) 447-5943.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Deputies tase suspect in shots fired call October 15, 2016
- Okolona battles but nipped by Wolverines October 19, 2016
- PREP ROUNDUP: Vardaman, Houlka, Louisville, Pontotoc October 19, 2016
- Lady Toppers take first round October 19, 2016
- Few storms, small hail expected tonight and Thursday October 19, 2016
- POLICE ROUNDUP: Charges upgraded following fatal accident October 21, 2016
- WEEK 10: High School Football Previews October 21, 2016
- Pilot Club to host pageant October 21, 2016
- Houlka reviews preliminary test scores October 21, 2016
- Number 8! October 20, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago