Debra Ann Thompson
OKOLONA – Debra Ann Thompson, 50, died Friday, Dec. 6, 2013, at River Region Hospital in Vicksburg. She was born on July 6, 1963, in Okolona.
She was a faithful and very active loving member of First United Methodist Church, former board member of the Chamber of Commerce, member of the American Paint Horse Association and the American Quarter Horse Association. She was a 1981 graduate of Okolona High School; she attended Itawamba Junior College where she played basketball and softball. She attended University of Southern Mississippi where she played softball, as well as many years of active intramural sports. She worked as a lineman for TVA, Ashley and People Lounger furniture manufacturing, and a self-employed FedEx owner. She loved God, family, friends, all animals and life. She was an avid horseman and ranch foreman, a very loving, giving person to all, a breast cancer volunteer mentor and support counselor for North Mississippi Medical Center.
A memorial celebration service will be 2 pm Sunday, Dec. 15, at First United Methodist Church in Okolona with the Rev. H.B. Miller officiating. She has donated her body to be studied by UMC to find a cure for cancer and will be cremated at a later date. Holland Funeral Directors Okolona Chapel is entrusted with the service.
She is preceded in death by her father, Samuel Jake Thompson; a nephew, Jacob Ryan Collins; and grandparents Sam and Hermie Watson Thompson, and Clark and Louise Bobo Carlisle.
Survivors include her mother, Mary Ann Thompson of Vicksburg; a sister, Donna Kay Cook (Paul); nieces and nephew Jessica Aaron Collins, Andrew Thomas Collins and Ali Grace Cook, of Vicksburg; step-niece, Michelle Cook Anderson (Sean) of Salem, Mo.; and step-nephews, Dustin Mitchell Cook (Hanna) of Fuquay Varina, N.C., and Casey Mitchell Cook (Adrienne) of Destin, Fla.
Pallbearers will be Dicky Wise, Jerry Hall, Spencer Carlisle, Steven Mask, Danny Mask, Ledrew Wise, Brian Wise and John David Carlisle. Honorary Pall bearer will be Buster Darnell.
Donations may be made in honor of Debra to Susan G. Komen for the Cure, Attn: Donor Services, PO Box 650309, Dallas, TX 75265-0309, telephone: 1.877.GO.KOMEN (1.877.465.6636), email:email@example.com or Okolona First United Methodist Church, 315 W Main Street, Okolona, MS 38860, (662) 447-5943.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Houston FFA earns One Star Chapter award November 27, 2016
- Christmas parades are next week December 2, 2016
- Students chosen for Who’s Who at ICC December 2, 2016
- Dr. Willis named AAN Fellow December 2, 2016
- Hunter orange strictly enforced December 2, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Are schools worth fighting for? December 4, 2016
- Locals named ICC Foundation scholars December 4, 2016
- DAVID HORN: We the people have voted for change December 4, 2016
- REV. DARRICK WHITFIELD: How to be wise December 4, 2016
- Turman, Archer inducted to Phi Kappa Phi December 3, 2016
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago