Lady Chiefs win in tourney
Okolona High School was the site of the annual Hardwood basketball tournament and the Lady Chieftains were the big winner for the day.
The Okolona girls battled the Lady Bulldogs of Aberdeen, coming from behind after the first quarter to tie the game and run neck-and-neck with the Lady Dogs and force the overtime period.
The Okolona girls outscored the Lady Dogs in overtime to take a 54-53 win.
Sophomore Del’gee Hicks led the Lady Chieftains, and all players, in scoring with 23 while Tierra Barr added 12 and Breanna Gunn chipped in 11.
Okolona, Houston boys fall
The Chickasaw County boy’s teams both ended up on the wrong side of the scoreboard as the Hilltoppers fell to Aberdeen, 31-76, in the early game.
The hosting Chiefs had a closer battle with the Calhoun City Wildcats, but still came up short, 61-70.
Demario Seals led for Okolona with 13 points, followed by Javon Smith and Jacolbi Heard with 11 each.
on Friday, the Chiefs and Lady Chiefs split games with Mooreville. The Lady Chiefs grabbed a 53-48 win over the Lady Troopers with Hicks pacing her team with 16 pionts and Myeisha Parker following with 12.
In the boy’s game, the Troopers got the edge on the Chieftains and handed them the 48-53 loss. Heard led for Okolona with 12 and Zack Stevens added 11.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- ICC concert choir performs Monday October 16, 2016
- Calhoun County man dies after Tuesday night shooting October 19, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Demanding excellence October 20, 2016
- Fall Fun and Games Day is Friday October 20, 2016
- Number 8! October 20, 2016
- Houlka hosts senior assembly October 22, 2016
- WEEK 10: High School Football Scores October 22, 2016
- What color is homelessness? October 22, 2016
- POLICE ROUNDUP: Charges upgraded following fatal accident October 21, 2016
- WEEK 10: High School Football Previews October 21, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago