MONTPELIER – Michael A. “Mike” Cliett, 67, passed away on Sunday, Dec. 15, 2013, at Darlington Oaks Community Hospice in Verona. He was born March 10, 1946, in Houston to Nancy Shirley Harrington Cliett and Aubrey E. Cliett.
He was a farmer and had worked for Four County EPA with the buildings and grounds for 22 years. He was a member of Montpelier Masonic Lodge 220 F&AM with dual membership at Aberdeen Masonic Lodge 32. He was a member of Pine Bluff Baptist Church where he was a deacon and song leader. He was a Farm Bureau board member for 40 years. He enjoyed woodworking and cooking for his family and large groups. He married Irene Vaughn Cliett on Nov. 24, 1966, at Pine Bluff Baptist Church. In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by his brother, John L. Cliett.
Services are at 2:30 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 18, at Calvert Funeral Home Chapel with Bro. Eddie Brock officiating and Bro. Hilton “Butch” Simmons assisting. Burial, with Masonic graveside rites, follows in Pine Bluff Cemetery in Clay County. Calvert Funeral Home of West Point is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include his wife, Irene Vaughn Cliett of Montpelier; one son, Jeff Cliett (Donna) of Mantee; one granddaughter, Abby Cliett; one brother, Ben E. Cliett (Donna) of Cedar Bluff; nieces and nephews, Jay Jay Henderson (Jason), Brandy Cliett, James Cliett, Robert Cliett (Hannah) and Allena Sanders (Travis); a sister-in-law, Kay Watson Cliett of West Point.
Pallbearers are Brad Davis, Rob Roberson, Mike Shinn, Allen Grimes, Benny Borst, Ronald Ward, Mike Jones and Dexter Pate.
Honorary pallbearers are Durrell Jones, Bob Stone, Donald Moore, Dan Vaughn, Lamar Dendy, Joe T. Parker, Paul Clardy, Jim Murray, John Crowley, Andy Moore, Gary Brock, Devon Allday, Rex Pumphrey, Jerry Weaver, Milton Trice, Ken Pate, Gary Waddell, Bob Edwards, members of Montpelier Masonic Lodge 220 F&AM, members of Aberdeen Masonic Lodge 32 F&AM and his former co-workers at Four County Electric Power Association.
Memorials may be made to Pine Bluff Cemetery Care Fund, c/o Betty NcNeel, 7999 Colony Road, Pheba, MS 39755.
Visitation is Tuesday at Calvert Funeral Home.
Friends may leave an online condolence at www.calvertfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Support for Solar Car July 22, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- ETHAN TURNER: A note to the fans July 26, 2016
- Weston Reed Foundation to offer free physicals July 26, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- ICC valedictorian, salutatorian scholars named. July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Solar racers make us Houston proud July 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago