MONTPELIER – Michael A. “Mike” Cliett, 67, passed away on Sunday, Dec. 15, 2013, at Darlington Oaks Community Hospice in Verona. He was born March 10, 1946, in Houston to Nancy Shirley Harrington Cliett and Aubrey E. Cliett.
He was a farmer and had worked for Four County EPA with the buildings and grounds for 22 years. He was a member of Montpelier Masonic Lodge 220 F&AM with dual membership at Aberdeen Masonic Lodge 32. He was a member of Pine Bluff Baptist Church where he was a deacon and song leader. He was a Farm Bureau board member for 40 years. He enjoyed woodworking and cooking for his family and large groups. He married Irene Vaughn Cliett on Nov. 24, 1966, at Pine Bluff Baptist Church. In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by his brother, John L. Cliett.
Services are at 2:30 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 18, at Calvert Funeral Home Chapel with Bro. Eddie Brock officiating and Bro. Hilton “Butch” Simmons assisting. Burial, with Masonic graveside rites, follows in Pine Bluff Cemetery in Clay County. Calvert Funeral Home of West Point is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include his wife, Irene Vaughn Cliett of Montpelier; one son, Jeff Cliett (Donna) of Mantee; one granddaughter, Abby Cliett; one brother, Ben E. Cliett (Donna) of Cedar Bluff; nieces and nephews, Jay Jay Henderson (Jason), Brandy Cliett, James Cliett, Robert Cliett (Hannah) and Allena Sanders (Travis); a sister-in-law, Kay Watson Cliett of West Point.
Pallbearers are Brad Davis, Rob Roberson, Mike Shinn, Allen Grimes, Benny Borst, Ronald Ward, Mike Jones and Dexter Pate.
Honorary pallbearers are Durrell Jones, Bob Stone, Donald Moore, Dan Vaughn, Lamar Dendy, Joe T. Parker, Paul Clardy, Jim Murray, John Crowley, Andy Moore, Gary Brock, Devon Allday, Rex Pumphrey, Jerry Weaver, Milton Trice, Ken Pate, Gary Waddell, Bob Edwards, members of Montpelier Masonic Lodge 220 F&AM, members of Aberdeen Masonic Lodge 32 F&AM and his former co-workers at Four County Electric Power Association.
Memorials may be made to Pine Bluff Cemetery Care Fund, c/o Betty NcNeel, 7999 Colony Road, Pheba, MS 39755.
Visitation is Tuesday at Calvert Funeral Home.
Friends may leave an online condolence at www.calvertfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Okolona tightens city policies April 18, 2017
- Man convicted in Okolona shooting April 21, 2017
- Lifecore book drive says thank you April 21, 2017
- GLENN MOLETTE: America and shooting back April 22, 2017
- TEACHER OF THE WEEK! April 22, 2017
- Senior citizen seminar set April 25, 2017
- Principal John Ellison honored by state April 24, 2017
- Houston correcting SPED complaints April 24, 2017
- Dollar General Ribbon Cutting April 23, 2017
- Certified Nurse Assistance Class seeks applicants April 23, 2017
- Winford White: I totally disagree with your schools consolidation...
- Winford White: That is good News for Okolona. Or shall we say, it...
- Winford White: I strongly agree! if someone can afford to pay a T...
- Winford White: Keep up the good works Chickasaw County because th...
- Winford White: Winford White, CPC - Winford's Consulting : It is...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago