PETAL – Elizabeth Dabbs Brock, 42, died Tuesday, Dec. 17, 2013, at Forrest General Hospital. She taught culinary arts at Petal High School. She was a member of Petal-Harvey Baptist Church. She loved shopping, decorating and gardening.
Services will be at 10 a.m. Friday, Dec. 20, at Petal-Harvey Baptist Church. Burial will follow in Hillcrest Cemetery. Moore Funeral Home of Petal is in charge of arrangements.
She is survived by her husband, Kenny Brock of Petal; two sons, Sam Brock and John Kendall Brock, both of Petal; her parents, Jim and Verna Bowen of Okolona; her father-in-law and mother-in-law, Red and Betty Brock of Hattiesburg; a sister, Jennifer Brown of Mooreville; a brother, Michael Dabbs of Mooreville; a niece, Erica Brown of Mooreville; three nephews, Zackery Brown and Conner Smith, both of Mooreville, and Bowen Dabbs of Corinth; and many aunts, uncles and cousins.
She was preceded in death by her father, Jesse Dabbs; and grandparents, Dr. Joseph Shoemaker, Ellen Shoemaker, the Rev. Joseph Dabbs and Laverne Dabbs.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Moore Funeral Home in Petal.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be directed to: Elizabeth Dabbs Brock, Fight the Good Fight Memorial Scholarship Fund with the Petal Education Foundation, P.O. Box 523, Petal, MS 39465.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Nabors named top home improvement store in state July 18, 2016
- ICC registration underway July 22, 2016
- Homegrown and Houston proud July 23, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Real men rise above the status quo July 23, 2016
- Fire burns Thorn home Sunday July 25, 2016
- Scott, Hardin honored by ICC July 24, 2016
- Walker takes second at Pros of Tomorrow July 24, 2016
- Culinary arts teacher opens up new world for students July 24, 2016
- Getting a good start at school July 24, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago