HOUSTON – Joe Miller Hewitt, 72, died Friday, Dec. 21, 2013 at Golden Living Center in Eupora. He was born Oct. 4, 1941 in Humphreys County to Thomas Benton and Hattie Hood Hewitt.
He was a retired factory worker and member of Pontotoc Church of Christ.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 21 at Rhodes Chapel Methodist Church with Bro. Danny Rogers officiating. Burial will follow in the church cemetery.
Visitation will be Saturday from 1 to 2 p.m. at Rhodes Chapel. Southern Funeral Home is handling arrangements.
He is survived by his mother, Hattie Dendy; brothers, Marion Hewitt, Charlie Gene Carter, Arthur Carter, Perry Carter, Billy Dendy, Bobby Dendy, and Cecil Dendy; sisters, Ruth Ann Cook, Vera Rowlett and Helen Benefield; and several nieces and nephews
He was preceded in death by his father Thomas Hewitt, brothers, John Albert Carter and Henry Fredrick Harper; sister, Virginia Blaylock; and step-father Lawrence Dendy.
Online condolences can be made at www.southernfuneralchapel.com .
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Houston FFA earns One Star Chapter award November 27, 2016
- Okolona airport lands grant December 1, 2016
- Okolona shines at Lighthouse Classic December 1, 2016
- Christmas parades are next week December 2, 2016
- Students chosen for Who’s Who at ICC December 2, 2016
- Turman, Archer inducted to Phi Kappa Phi December 3, 2016
- Una Thanksgiving December 3, 2016
- Houlka Thanksgiving December 3, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Religion, politics and my wife’s birthday December 3, 2016
- Hunter orange strictly enforced December 2, 2016
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago