OKOLONA – Juanita DeVall, 93, died Sunday, Dec. 15, 2013, in Edmond, Okla., where she had lived since 2005 to be close to her daughter, Brenda. She was born Oct. 6, 1920, in Nettleton to Fred Payne and Jimmie Lou Monts Payne.
She moved to Okolona in 1941 where she and her husband, Buford Nabors DeVall, lived until his death in 1981. She worked many years as a supervisor for the garment manufacturing industry. She enjoyed cooking, sewing and talking with friends and family. She loved working in her flower gardens and loved flowers of all kinds.
A celebration of life service will be at 2 p.m. Friday, Dec. 20, in Okolona Chapel of Holland Funeral Directors with Bro. Jim Ray and Bro. Dennis Smithey officiating. Burial will follow in Lee Memorial Park. Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to service time Friday.
Survivors include her daughter, Brenda Jones of Edmond, Okla.; two brothers, Glenn Payne (Ruth) of Nettleton and Bobby Payne of Wren community; two sisters, Ruth Bishop and Jimmie Nell Kyle, both of Nettleton; three grandchildren, Andi Scott, Amanda Cole and Zach Jones; and four great-grandchildren, Hayley Larsen, Taylor Scott, Chase Hubbart and Sarah Scott.
She was preceded in death by her parents and husband.
Family members will serve as pallbearers.
Condolences may be emailed to email@example.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Habitat now Fuller Center February 17, 2017
- EDITORIAL: Crosswalks needed February 16, 2017
- HUES names Students of the Week February 21, 2017
- WIN Center offers iPhone class February 21, 2017
- ICC names Adult Learner scholars February 21, 2017
- Correctional Facility revenue reviewed February 23, 2017
- EDITORIAL: Tidy up the Trail February 22, 2017
- “Dream Big” February 22, 2017
- Chieftains claim District February 22, 2017
- Wildcats roll out of district February 22, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago