Chiefs fall to Pirates
Local and area teams use the Loggins Classic tournament to take on different competitors from their regular schedules and work on sharpening their games.
The Okolona Chieftains certainly got a workout at the hands of the powerful Pirates of Coffeeville who quickly took control of the game and never let go.
Okolona’s Cyrus Kyles’ speed down the floor was no match for the size of Coffeeville’s Antavius Moody and Denicholas Gladney who denied shot after shot from Kyles and the Chiefs quickly found themselves in the hole.
Okolona’s Javon Smith proved steady taking a rebound coast-to-coast and adding a bucket from the charity strip, then sending a bomb to Demario Seals for a bucket, but the Pirates continued to overpower the Chieftains,leading 37-12 at the half.
The Okolona boys struggled with shooting in the second half and the Pirates took advantage of the situation to increase their lead and go on to a 74-40 win.
Around the court
In Friday’s game, the Chiefs took a 50-75 loss to the shannon Red Raiders and the Lady Chieftains lost, 21-64, to the Lady Raiders.
Jacolbi Heard led the scoring for Okolona with 13 pionts while Del’gee Hicks led for the ladies with 11.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Habitat now Fuller Center February 17, 2017
- City candidates face March 3 deadline February 17, 2017
- Sirens to go off Wednesday for statwide tornado drill February 21, 2017
- Chickasaw man injured in Shannon wreck February 21, 2017
- One killed in wreck involving ambulance February 21, 2017
- Vardaman hunter bags banded duck February 24, 2017
- Extension gives out 1,800 trees February 24, 2017
- Growing our future with AEST February 23, 2017
- FLOYD INGRAM: Looking at the future February 23, 2017
- Correctional Facility revenue reviewed February 23, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago