Lake Lamar Bruce restocking
The Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks (MDWFP) recently stocked an additional 200,000 Bluegill, 10,000 Channel Catfish, and 100,000 Redear Sunfish into Lake Lamar Bruce in Lee County. The fish were reared at the Private John Allen National Fish Hatchery in Tupelo. “The double stocking of Bluegill and Redear Sunfish is a proactive management approach that we are using to delay the Largemouth Bass population from overcrowding,” stated MDWFP Fisheries Biologist Tyler Stubbs. Stubbs added, “Our goal is to provide a long-term, quality fishery; doubling the Bluegill and Redear Sunfish populations is one strategy to help us achieve that goal.”
Lake Lamar Bruce, near Saltillo, is still under renovation and closed to the public. So far, Bluegill, Redear Sunfish, Florida Largemouth Bass, Channel Catfish, Golden Shiners, Grass Carp, and Magnolia Crappie have been stocked. The lake is expected to open in 2015.
For more information regarding fish or fishing in Mississippi, visit us www.mdwfp.com at or call us at 601-432-2212. Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/mdwfp or on Twitter at www.twitter.com/MDWFPonline.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- GWENDOLYN PEARSON: Tourism tax and internet service March 26, 2017
- CATHY SPENCER: Teacher of the Week March 21, 2017
- Truck recovered in Pontotoc March 24, 2017
- Medical care answers for America March 25, 2017
- Ribbon Cutting; Ava Michaels Boutique March 25, 2017
- Old Waverly to host Women’s Amateur March 28, 2017
- Starkville man killed in shootout after fleeing officers March 27, 2017
- Teacher of the Week March 27, 2017
- MSU Extension offers Horse Management 101 March 27, 2017
- FLOYD INGRAM: All politics is local March 27, 2017
- Patricia Burgess Cossey: This is to address the Tourism Tax. I recently hea...
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago