Lake Lamar Bruce restocking
The Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks (MDWFP) recently stocked an additional 200,000 Bluegill, 10,000 Channel Catfish, and 100,000 Redear Sunfish into Lake Lamar Bruce in Lee County. The fish were reared at the Private John Allen National Fish Hatchery in Tupelo. “The double stocking of Bluegill and Redear Sunfish is a proactive management approach that we are using to delay the Largemouth Bass population from overcrowding,” stated MDWFP Fisheries Biologist Tyler Stubbs. Stubbs added, “Our goal is to provide a long-term, quality fishery; doubling the Bluegill and Redear Sunfish populations is one strategy to help us achieve that goal.”
Lake Lamar Bruce, near Saltillo, is still under renovation and closed to the public. So far, Bluegill, Redear Sunfish, Florida Largemouth Bass, Channel Catfish, Golden Shiners, Grass Carp, and Magnolia Crappie have been stocked. The lake is expected to open in 2015.
For more information regarding fish or fishing in Mississippi, visit us www.mdwfp.com at or call us at 601-432-2212. Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/mdwfp or on Twitter at www.twitter.com/MDWFPonline.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Solar Team trekking north in Solar Challenge 2016 July 21, 2016
- Authorities seek suspects in two shootings July 25, 2016
- Shearer-Richardson announces expansion July 25, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- ICC valedictorian, salutatorian scholars named. July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Solar racers make us Houston proud July 27, 2016
- Dr. Darrick Whitfield: Don’t be a slacker! July 27, 2016
- Sundancer finishes first, again July 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago