Lucille DeLozier Inmon
OKOLONA – Mrs. Lucille DeLozier Inmon, 95, died Saturday, Jan. 4, 2014, at NMMC-Hospice Unit after an extended illness. She was born on March 21, 1918, in Lee County to Sam and Evie Lee Cooper DeLozier.
She grew up in Pontotoc County and married John Crawford Inmon on Oct. 11, 1936. They lived in the Union Chapel community all their lives, where they raised their family and planted their roots. “Miss” Lucille worked as a seamstress at Delta Trouser, then Meadow Sportswear in Okolona for many years. At her death, she was the oldest founding member of the Union Chapel Baptist Church. She and Crawford were founding members, helping start the congregation as a brush arbor group on their land. She seldom ever missed Church and taught the children for decades. She and Crawford served as the Church Secretary/Treasurer for over 20 years. She loved gospel music and loved to sing. Hers was an annual presence at Memorial Days at Payne and Priceville Cemeteries as well as Upper Pleasant Grove in Pontotoc County. A master seamstress, she made her clothes and many of her boys’ clothes all their lives. She loved the land and gardening and was known for her produce and canned goods and tending her flowers. She cared for her aging parents and her husband’s parents until their deaths.
A service celebrating her life will be at 1 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 7, 2014, at the Tupelo Chapel of Holland Funeral Directors with Bro. Mark Cayson officiating. Burial will follow in Upper Pleasant Grove Cemetery in Pontotoc County. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Monday, Jan. 6, and from noon until service time on Tuesday, Jan. 7.
Survivors include her sons, Leon Crawford Inmon (Pat) of Ocala, Fla., Billy Glen Inmon of Okolona and Larry Dale Inmon (Diane) of Palmetto; six grandchildren, Mark, Kim, Ricky, Michael, Donna and Gail; eight great-grandchildren, Parker, Shelby, Noah, Jacob, Ava, Brad, Clay and Alec Inmon; and a daughter-in-law, Geraldine Inmon of Okolona.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband, Crawford on Dec. 6, 1994; a granddaughter, Melissa; two brothers, Milton and Melvin DeLozier; and a sister, Evelyn Corinne Mitchell.
Pallbearers will be her sons, grandsons and grandsons-in-law.
Memorials may be made to Union Chapel Baptist Church, P.O. Box 33, Shannon, MS 38868 or to Upper Pleasant Grove Cemetery, c/o Lieth Roy, 10716 Hwy. 41, Pontotoc, MS 38863.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Habitat now Fuller Center February 17, 2017
- Deputies make several drug arrests February 18, 2017
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Americans need help fast February 18, 2017
- Turkey harvest reporting planned for spring February 18, 2017
- WEDDING: Kelly/Moore February 19, 2017
- Family Resource Center offers services February 20, 2017
- ICC names fall scholars February 20, 2017
- County ponders TRPDD alliance February 20, 2017
- BIRTH: Swayze Jo Flora February 19, 2017
- BIRTH: Easton Rhett Dendy February 19, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago